Engineer - Urban Water
Alluvium is proudly an employee-owned consulting firm providing water resource, river, catchment, waterway, urban water, and the coastal zone solutions. We believe in the application of creative thinking, robust science, and practical engineering. We provide solutions in public policy, strategy, technical investigations, project planning, approvals, engineering design, construction, and stakeholder engagement.
We focus on waterways and their catchments in both a rural and urban setting. We have diverse clients in the government (federal, state and local), water, property, resources, agricultural and transport sectors. We make a difference to the world we live in. Our commitment to our clients and technical competence has seen us successful in the BRW Client Choice Awards and BRW/BOSS 50 Best Places to work awards.
You will report to the Regional Manager and have responsibility for delivering quality technical work in the urban water/or WSUD field.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your engineering skills to challenge technical stormwater and water management problems.
- Work in project teams, understand budgets and resources to deliver client outcomes.
- Use a range of computer packages to challenge traditional approaches to WSUD design and develop new and innovative solutions.
- Maintain excellent connections in the water and/or catchment management industry.
You must have:
- We expect you to care deeply about the work you do and our (your) clients – this means delivering quality work on-time and on-budget.
- You have direct relevant experience with an outstanding academic record in an undergraduate or post graduate Civil or Environmental Engineering or related degree.
- A strong passion for engineering design, great environmental outcomes and catchment and waterway management.
- A demonstrated ability to work in project teams.
- A track record of technical excellence and innovation.
- Attention to detail, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of stream processes and stream stability assessment including the design of stream rehabilitation works where habitat protection, erosion control and sediment management are priorities
- Under direction of a project manager ability to think methodically, design, plan and manage tasks.
- Proficiency with the software and tools is needed to be successful in this role: MUSIC, AutoCAD, 12d, HEC-RAS, ArcGIS.
- Experience in stormwater management planning, detailed design, hydrology and hydraulics.
- A work ethic, strong communication, project management and report writing skills, and a desire learn and grow.
Applications are open to Australian citizens or residents. To be considered you must provide a CV, tailored covering letter specifically addressing the requirements above, two referees and your academic transcript. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Engineer - Urban Water/WSUD Engineer, P1705’ in the subject line by 4 June 2017.For further information contact Richard McManus on 02 8094 9703.