Senior Applied Scientist Land and Groundwater
- Work Type: Ongoing - full time
- Job Function: Science
- Classification: SCIC.1
- Work Location: Melbourne - Northern Metro
- Reference: VG/EPAREFORM3A
- Closing Date: 25-May-2017
- Salary Range: $90,890 - $100,429
- Job Duration: N/A
About EPA Victoria (EPA)
EPA works on behalf of all Victorians to protect the environment & human health by preventing & reducing pollution & waste.
EPA sets & enforces environmental standards & strives to achieve clean air, healthy waterways, safe land & minimal disturbances from noise & odour for Victorians.
EPA is Victoria’s trusted voice on environmental protection for community, industry & Government.
We are recruiting for roles following the Victorian Government’s response to the Independent Inquiry into the EPA. These new positions will help EPA meet the challenges posed by a changing climate, growing population & evolving economy.
At EPA you can make a real difference to your career, work-life balance, future & most importantly, our environment.
This role contributes to EPA by delivering specialist applied sciences advice to make decisions about a range of complex environmental issues and technical solutions. This role may be required for after hours, emergency and/or other response activities.
Working across the organisation, you will use your knowledge of land and groundwater to provide advice on pollution sources, risk management, mitigation and remediation technologies. You will provide input to regulatory decisions that underpin regulation and guidance in Victoria, and lead the science input into complex projects and strategic decisions for the improved management of land and groundwater.
What you need to Succeed
- Tertiary qualification (or demonstrated deep and effective experience) in Hydrogeology, Environmental Science/Engineering associated with contaminated land and groundwater impact and/or management.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyse and interpret hydrogeological and land contamination data, including interpretation of model outputs.
- Demonstrated an understanding of risk assessment (especially environmental).
- Demonstrated ability to present scientific information in written and verbal forms to a range of stakeholders.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrated involvement in delivery of collaborative
and multidisciplinary projects where the outcomes actively influenced the end-users.
- Well-developed creativity, analytical and problem-solving ability, and the capacity to devise, deliver and monitor practical solutions.
How to apply
You should apply online and submit: a cover letter addressing your experience, motivations and suitability for the role; a resume; and a completed application form. You are only required to address the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) listed in the Application Form. Attachments can be uploaded in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. If you have any queries in relation to this role, please contact Andrew Oliver, Team Leader Contaminated Environments and Waste on (03) 9695 2726.
If you would like further information on this role, please refer to the attached position description. Please include the contact details of two referees with your application.
EPA Victoria requires all prospective employees to undergo a National Criminal Record Check prior to an employment offer being made. If you require a copy of this advertisement or any attached documentation in an accessible format such as large print, please email the Resourcing Co-ordinator at email@example.com or call 1300 372 842.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are invited to contact the Resourcing Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1300 372 842 for advice and support with your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially. EPA Victoria is an equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to merit, equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We utilise merit-based selection. Therefore, you are not required to share personal information such as gender, age, culture etc. unless you so wish.
Please do not email your application.
For further information on Environment Protection Authority Victoria, please visit www.epa.vic.gov.au
|Senior Applied Scientist - Land and Groundwater SciC PD May 2017.pdf (PDF, 235KB)|
Application Form.docx (Word, 25KB)