Senior Ecologist / Senior Project Manager
Ecology and Heritage Partners Pty Ltd is an established consultancy with a highly experienced ecological and cultural heritage team. The Company specialises in ecological and cultural heritage based projects throughout Australia for a range of Government agencies and corporate clients. We currently have offices in Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra and Sydney.
Working closely with the Company Directors and the Senior Management Group, we are seeking to appoint a highly skilled and enthusiastic individual who has the experience and 'know how' to autonomously manage a range of exciting and challenging projects, as well as managing a team of more junior ecologists across all aspects of project delivery.
The role includes building and maintaining client relationships and developing/training junior staff. This position will be based in our Melbourne office primarily as part of our Victorian operations.
This position requires you to have several years experience in the environmental industry, particularly with regards to the design and implementation of detailed field investigations, for various sized projects.
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualification, preferable a degree or post graduate degree in environmental science (botany, zoology, ecology), natural resource management, or related discipline.
- A minimum 10-15 years practical experience undertaking field based surveys and managing productive and dynamic teams, preferably in an ecological consulting capacity or similar (either with Government or the private sector).
- Knowledge of, and how to apply environmental legislation and government policy such as the EPBC Act and Victoria’s Permitted clearing of native vegetation - Biodiversity assessment guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare ecological reports such as ecological impact assessments (EES, EIAs), policy development, and the preparation of Conservation Management Plans.
- Proven experience in project management, client development, and developed leadership skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and to maintain and built a professional profile in the industry.
- Proven experience in Company development, sales and marketing.
- Other non-technical skills required, include excellent communication skills, high level of computer literacy.
- You should be prepared to work flexible hours, including when conducting field surveys, and be willing to travel to field locations throughout Australia.
- Current Victorian Drivers License and capacity to work outdoors essential.
You will also have good time management capability, excellent communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines. You will be willing to share your knowledge and learn from others, enjoy being part of our team, and be passionate about making a positive contribution toward biodiversity conservation in Australia.
The position provides a flexible work environment with ongoing support from the Company Directors, the Senior Management Team, support staff and external consultants.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, based on qualifications, skills and experience.
Enquiries and Applications (including cover letter) to: email@example.com