Senior Engineer - Urban Water/WSUD
Alluvium is proudly an employee-owned consulting firm providing water resource, river, catchment, waterway, urban water, and the coastal zone solutions. We believe in the application of creative thinking, robust science, and practical engineering. We provide solutions in public policy, strategy, technical investigations, project planning, approvals, engineering design, construction, and stakeholder engagement.
We focus on waterways and their catchments in both a rural and urban setting. We have diverse clients in the government (federal, state and local), water, property, resources, agricultural and transport sectors. We make a difference to the world we live in. We invest in an enabling culture, which removes barriers to creativity and freedom of thought and encourages people to develop as leaders. Our commitment to our clients and technical competence has seen us successful in the BRW Client Choice Awards and BRW/BOSS 50 Best Places to work awards.
You will report to the Regional Manager and have responsibility for delivering high-quality technical work in the urban water/or WSUD field. You will be responsible for leading and managing staff within Alluvium, maintaining excellent relationships with the broader industry and meeting agreed financial, project, people and client targets.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your engineering skills to challenge technical stormwater and water management problems.
- Effectively manage project teams, budgets, and resources to deliver client outcomes.
- Use a range of computer packages to challenge traditional approaches to WSUD design and develop new and innovative solutions.
- Liaise with clients, stakeholders, community and a variety of professionals including landscape architects and subcontractors to derive holistic solutions.
- Build our Urban Water practice through excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain excellent connections in the water and/or catchment management industry.
- Divide your time between business development and the delivery of consulting services.
You must have:
- We expect you to care deeply about the work you do and our (your) clients – this means delivering quality work on time and on-budget.
- Ideally, you come from a consulting background with an outstanding academic record in an undergraduate or postgraduate Civil or Environmental Engineering or related degree.
- A strong passion for engineering design, great environmental outcomes, and catchment and waterway management.
- A demonstrated ability to manage project teams.
- A demonstrated track record of technical excellence and client service.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects.
- High level of proficiency with the software and tools is needed to be successful in this role: MUSIC, AutoCAD, 12d, HEC-RAS, ArcGIS.
- Significant experience in stormwater management planning, detailed design, hydrology and hydraulics.
- We expect you to value and possess a high work ethic, strong communication, project management and report writing skills, well-developed business/commercial acumen and a desire learns and grow.
Applications are open to Australian citizens or residents. To be considered you must provide a CV, tailored covering letter specifically addressing the requirements above, two referees and your academic transcript. Email your application to email@example.com with ‘Senior Engineer - Urban Water/WSUD Engineer, P1704.For further information contact Richard McManus on 02 8094 9703.