Supervisor Conservation Services
- Provide high level of leadership and supervision for NDLG field crews
- Ensure equipment and materials are taken to site to complete tasks
- Ensure Workplace Health & Safety and risk assessment on sites including crew PPE
- Coordinate the on-ground work activities as per Site Operational Plans
- Complete job-related paperwork – operational plans, records of herbicide distribution, incident reports.
- Liaise with client on site where required; assess work quality and provide feedback daily to Supervisors
- Direct field crew to carry out tasks required
- Operate and maintain equipment such as Quikspray unit/backpack sprayers/brushcutters/pumps/chainsaws
- Up to date knowledge of NDLG Policies & Procedures and ability to apply them as required
- Exercise initiative within scope of role and job specifications
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum: Certificate III Conservation & Land Management
- Minimum: 3 years’ experience in a Field Supervising position in bushland regeneration or natural areas management
- First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Construction White Card
- AC/DC license
- Manual driver’s license
- Cert IV Diploma in Conservation & Land Management or Degree in Environmental Science
- Chain saw ticket level 2 an advantage
- Good knowledge of local native plant and weed species and ability to identify these in the field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various weed treatment techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of bushland management principles and how to apply these in the field across a range of ecosystem types.
- Good field crew (people) management. Provide examples.
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintenance of vehicles, quick spray units, brush cutters, chainsaws, back packs and general related equipment.
Applications to: Paul Sprecher, Projects2@noosalandcare.org
Include CV and current qualifications and address the Essential Skills requirements listed above. Please provide at least two referees.