TAFE Queensland Brisbane
HORTICULTURE AND FLORISTRY
Love the outdoors?
Get your hands dirty. Studying horticulture and floristry at TAFE Queensland's state-of-the-art facilities opens up so many opportunities working with plants, flowers, vegetables, fruit, turf and even nuts!
Horticulture courses will teach you all there is to know about plant care and landscape management, from planting, propagating and irrigating, to pruning, processing and fertilising.
A certificate in floristry will give you the knowledge you need to work in the floral design and retail sector. Imagine using your creative flair every day to create beautiful floral arrangements celebrating all occasions - from gorgeous weddings and styled shoots, to memorial services.
Major Industry Employers
- Sports grounds
- Commercial florists
- Landscape gardeners
Areas of study:
Top reasons to study horticulture and floristry with TAFE Queensland Brisbane
- Large grounds to practice your floristry and horticulture skills, including sprawling lawns, gardens, nurseries and reclaimed forest parks.
- Our experienced teachers focus on what you'll be doing in your real job; plant, irrigate, fertilise and watch your work come to life!
- The only TAFE Queensland location to offer accredited courses in floristry - an advantage to help you get a head-start in the industry!
Did you know?
- Scientists say there are over 270,000 species of flowers on Earth
- During the 1600's, tulips were so valuable their bulbs were worth more than gold.
- Broccoli is a flower as well as a vegetable.
- Tulip bulbs, when eaten, taste like onion.
- In 2002, the oldest flower fossil was found in Northern China and dates back 125 million years.