GRI Certified Training Program
TAKE A GRI CERTIFIED TRAINING COURSE
SUSTAINABILITY REPORTING FOR ALL ORGANISATIONS
The next courses are scheduled for Cairns on 27-28 November 2018 & 23-24 January 2019
ACTION AND CHANGE
In our 2-day (GRI) Certified Training Course on Sustainability Reporting you will learn how to conduct clear and focused attention to materiality and stakeholder engagement to minimise your organisation’s environmental, economic and social impacts. By applying the most adopted approach to sustainability reporting (SR), corporate social responsibility (CSR) and Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) analysis, you will develop competencies, skills and knowledge on how organisations can take actions and make change.
GRI CERTIFIED TRAINING ON SUSTAINABILITY REPORTING
This course is provided by GeoTrends Sustainability, a GRI Certified Training Partner with training materials certified by GRI under the GRI Certified Training Program. The course explains how companies/organisations obtain value through GRI Standards based Sustainability Reporting because it is a proactive, structured, and methodical approach to disclosures about organisational performance, particularly non-financial disclosures. Companies which cannot identify material issues, choose to ignore them, or fail to disclose them, may damage their reputation and brand loyalty and increase the risk of further regulation.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In this course, you will learn that the GRI Standards:
- provide detailed requirements and guidance to identify priorities and disclosures, and to take actions and minimise impacts
- is a framework which guides you every step of the way to identify and implement decisions that matter
- can be used to implement a sustainability performance plan, do comparative analysis, improve corporate accountability and responsibility, and address the UN Sustainable Development Goals now adopted by many companies worldwide.
IMPORTANTLY, YOU WILL ALSO LEARN HOW…
- to conduct stakeholder engagement
- to identify the most important impacts to address (materiality)
- to prepare an informative yet lean report (but not box ticking)
- to communicate your report to your stakeholders
- to benchmark performance against companies in your sector
- to develop a clear plan of action and proceed ASAP with your report
- to work with the supply chain to minimise their impacts, and
- why a sustainability report is a strategic issue for your organisation
HOW YOUR COMPANY/ORGANISATION BENEFITS…
GRI is focused on taking actions on what matters where it matters. Companies identify their own impacts on the environment, society and stakeholders. They then measure, set targets, and take actions to minimize the negative impacts, increase positive impacts, and to report the outcomes in their sustainability report.
ASSURANCE OF QUALIFIED TRAINER AND QUALITY COURSE
GeoTrends Sustainability Consulting Pty Ltd is the Certified Training Partner, having worked with GRI to develop certified training materials including slides and course notes. Robert Gale, Director of GeoTrends Sustainability, is the nominated trainer. Robert has followed GRI work for 20 years, and has used company GRI reports to teach MBA students how to integrate sustainability into corporate strategy since 2000. The successful completion of the course leads to a Certificate of Attendance from the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) as well as a Certificate of Achievement if you later complete the GRI Standards exam.
The next training is scheduled in Cairns:
November 27- 28, 2018 January 23 - 24, 2019
REGISTRATION Fees for the 2-Day GRI Certified Standards Training Course (Incl. GST)
UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE THE GRI STANDARDS FOR A SUSTAINABILITY REPORTING PROCESS
|Large Corporations & the Public Sector||$1,595|
|SMEs & Local Government Councils||$1,375|
|Not-for-Profits/ Social Enterprises||$1,265|
For additional information contact Robert Gale, Director, GeoTrends Sustainability at [email protected] or 0434 216 136.
GRI GOLD COMMUNITY MEMBER
GeoTrends Sustainability Consulting Pty Ltd is a Certified Training Partner of The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and a member of the GRI GOLD Community. We support the mission of GRI to empower decision makers everywhere, through the GRI sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take actions towards a more sustainable economy and world.
GEOTRENDS SUSTAINABILITY CONSULTING PTY LTD WWW.GEOTSC.COM