Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science (GradDipEnv)
Are you looking to advance your environmental training into specialised fields, or change careers from geology, engineering, zoology, botany or sustainability? Study for a Graduate Diploma at Murdoch University and gain key skills in environmental monitoring, Geographic Information Systems, remote sensing, environmental impact assessment, environmental education and report writing.
Reasons to study a Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science at Murdoch University
- Broaden your skills and add value to your undergraduate qualifications.
- Fit study around your life or work commitments by choosing to study on-campus, online, full-time or part-time through our highly flexible degree format.
- Looking to complete a Master degree? On completion of this Diploma course, you could be eligible for entry into our one-year Master of Environmental Science degree.
Some of the things you’ll learn
- Environmental monitoring for designing, implementing and managing large monitoring programs.
- Environmental impact assessment, management.
- Environmental policy and law.
- Geographic Information Systems and remote sensing as used in environmental management and spatial planning.
- How to effectively implement education strategies to engage individuals, communities and organisations in change processes to achieve environmental and sustainability outcomes.
- Sustainable land and water management practices with particular reference to agricultural, forestry and mining activities.
Are you interested? Follow the link for more information and how to apply:
Your future career
Our students have successfully gained employment in the public and private sectors, including the consulting industry in Australia and internationally.
After completing this Graduate Diploma, you will be able to pursue careers in environmental consulting, monitoring and management, community education and engagement, gain employment in the resources sector or federal, state and local government departments with portfolios in environment, water, energy, mining, agriculture, biodiversity conservation, coastal management, or their international counterparts.
Careers could include:
- Environmental Consultant
- Environmental Scientist
- Environmental Manager
- Regional Environmental Planning Coordinator
- Bushland Management Officer
- Natural Resource Management Officer
Depending on your specialisation, you will be eligible to join the following professional bodies:
- Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand
- Australasian Land and Groundwater Association
- Environmental Consultants Association
- Ecological Society of Australia
- International Association for Impact Assessment
- Australian Marine Sciences Association
- Soil Science Australia
- Australian Society for Freshwater Science
- Australian Society of Plant Scientists