INTERMEDIATE LEVEL – DANGEROUS GOODS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES WORKSHOP: Storage, Handling & Transport
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL WORKSHOP –
Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances
1 May 2019 – PM Half Day
Regulatory framework and practical application of the Storage and Handling AND Road and Rail Transport
Regulatory changes to be included –
- Overview of industrial chemical reforms
- Changes to ADG 7.6 (Australian Code for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail 7.6 Edition) – Transition commenced 1 July 2018 and MUST be implemented from 1 July 2019
- Ongoing implementation of the Victorian OHS Regulations 2017 as it relates to Globally Harmonised System for the Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS)
- Changes to GHS as it applies to VIC, NSW, QLD, SA, TAS, NT, ACT and the Commonwealth
- Review of Dangerous Goods (Transport by Road or Rail) Regulations (Victoria)
- Updated Compliance Code for Hazardous Substances (Vic)
- ACT cames into line with GHS on 29 March 2018
- and more…
This practical Workshop is designed to bring you up to speed with the regulatory framework and practical applications for the Storage and Handling, and Road and Rail Transport of Dangerous Goods including Hazardous Substances/Chemicals to Intermediate Level. The Workshop will also compare Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances/Chemical laws and requirements between Australian states and territories.
Organisations have an obligation to ensure your site is compliant with dangerous goods laws and that staff receive appropriate training. The AEBN recommends that staff receive refresher training every 2 to 3 years, and certainly when changes are announced.
Note: Please advise the AEBN of the state(s) and territories that you have responsibility for, to ensure this information is covered in this Workshop.
The Workshop will include:
Storage and Handling:
- Dangerous Goods and Substance Registers / Placarding of bulk and packaged storage, Dangerous Goods Manifest / Fire Protection Quantities
- Segregation and incompatibilities of chemicals
- Segregation rules and techniques – segregation devices (stores and vehicles)
- Bunding rules for the safe storage of chemicals
- Placarding and Signage
- Risk assessment requirements
- and much more.
Dangerous Goods Road and Rail Transport
- Labeling, Placarding and Signage
- Limited Quantity Packing and Labelling
- Transport Documentation
- Bulk delivery, and
- much more.
Course notes will be provided on a USB. Delegates may bring along laptops (fully charged). Note pads, pens and a delegates’ kit will be provided.
Delegates attending the AEBN Intermediate Level to Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances – Storage, Handling & Transport WORKSHOP should have a sound understanding of the topics covered in the AEBN Introductory Level to Dangerous Goods, Hazardous Substances and GHS Workshop. It is recommended that personnel undertake the AEBN Introductory Level Workshop prior to undertaking the AEBN Intermediate Level Workshop.
National Chemicals Specialist
Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
The Workshop will provide the opportunity to network with delegates and presenters during AEBN’s Networking Afternoon Tea. Lunch will be provided to delegates attending the Introductory Level and Intermediate Level Workshops.
Event: INTERMEDIATE LEVEL – DANGEROUS GOODS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES WORKSHOP: Storage, Handling & Transport – PM HALF DAY, May 1, 2019
Date: May 1, 2019 1:15 PM
End: May 1, 2019 5:00 PM
Presented by: Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
Updated: November 12, 2018
Venue: Treacy Centre
Address: 126 The Avenue, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Members: $375 AEBN Members
Non-member: $425 early bird to 1 April 2019; $435
Sponsor: Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
Parking: Early meter parking available on The Avenue OR $2.00 for 5 hours at Zoo Car Park (located closest to The Avenue, situated on Elliot Avenue) - a short walk to the Conference Centre
Public Transport: Take Tram 19 from cnr Elizabeth & Flinders St Melbourne to Tram Stop 16 (cnr Royal Pde & Walker St). Two minute walk to venue from this location.