Webinar Workshop: SERIES 1 – DANGEROUS GOODS, HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES AND GHS: Covering Regulatory framework, Identification, Classification, SDS
COVERING THE REGULATORY FRAMEWORK, IDENTIFICATION, CLASSIFICATION AND SAFETY DATA SHEETS AND MORE
The Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN) has developed this interactive SERIES 1: Dangerous Goods, Hazardous Substances and GHS Workshop Webinar to bring you up to speed with the – Regulatory framework, Identification, Classification and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) of Dangerous Goods, Hazardous Substances/Chemicals and Globally Harmonised System for the Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), including recent regulatory changes to assist you and your organisation to remain compliant.
Organisations have an obligation to ensure your site is compliant with dangerous goods laws and requirements and staff that come into contact with chemicals receive appropriate training. The AEBN recommends that staff receive a refresher course every 2-3 years and especially when changes are announced.
This Workshop Webinar will be highly interactive.
Note: Please advise the AEBN of the state(s) and territories that you have responsibility for, so we can cover this information in this Webinar.
- 9.50am – Join the Webinar & Meet our Presenters
- 10.00am to 11.30am – Webinar (commences 10.00am sharp)
- 20min – Break
- 11.50am to 1.30pm – Webinar
- 1.30pm to 1.45pm – Open for additional Q&A (CLOSE @ 1.30pm)
The interactive Workshop Webinar will include:
- Regulatory Framework for –
- Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances/Chemicals
- Globally Harmonised System for the Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS changes from Edition 3 to Edition 7)
- Compare how Dangerous Goods, Hazardous Substances, GHS are set up in Victoria and other Australian States and Territories
- Changes to laws and requirements
- The new Australian Code for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail Edition 7.7 (ADG Code 7.7)
- Dangerous Goods vs Hazardous Substances vs Hazardous Chemicals
- Hazardous Substances that are and are not Dangerous Goods
- How to identify Dangerous Goods
- What are Dangerous Goods
- What are Hazardous Substances
- Responsibilities and obligations
- Dangerous Goods
- Terminology – Packing Group, UN Number, UN Number Groupings, Proper Shipping Name, Special Classifications, Fire Risk Dangerous Goods, HAZCHEM Code, and more
- Classification of Dangerous Goods –
- 9 Classes of Dangerous Goods, including Division and Sub-Risk
- Structure of Australian Code for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail (ADG Code)
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Packaging and Labelling
- Hazardous Substances
- Overview of the Classification of Hazardous Substances
- Globally Harmonised System for the Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS)
- GHS vs Approved criteria
- GHS Pictograms and Labelling
- Information sources
- and much more.
Course notes will be provided to delegates prior to the Webinar.
Delegates that wish to attend the AEBN Workshop Webinar SERIES 2 – DANGEROUS GOODS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES must have a sound knowledge of the topics covered in AEBN Workshop Webinar SERIES 1 – DANGEROUS GOODS, HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES & GHS. Series 1 will be held two days prior to Series 2 Workshop Webinar.