INTERMEDIATE LEVEL – DANGEROUS GOODS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES WORKSHOP: Storage, Handling & Transport
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL WORKSHOP –
Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances
Rules and practical applications for the safe Storage and Handling AND Transport by Road and Rail
15 November 2019 –
PM Half Day: 1.20pm for 1.30pm to 5.00pm
Regulatory changes to be included –
- Overview of industrial chemical reforms
- Changes to Dangerous Goods (Transport by Road or Rail) Regulations 2018 (Vic)
- Changes to ADG 7.6 (Australian Code for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail 7.6 Edition) – MUST be implemented from 1 July 2019
- Ongoing changes and implementation of the Victorian OHS Regulations 2017 as it relates to Globally Harmonised System for the Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS)
- Changes to GHS as it applies all States and Territories
- Updated Compliance Code for Hazardous Substances (Vic)
- and more…
This practical Workshop is designed to bring you up to speed with the regulatory requirements and practical applications for the safe Storage and Handling, and Transport by Road and Rail of Dangerous Goods including Hazardous Substances/Chemicals to Intermediate Level. The Workshop will also compare Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances/Chemical laws and requirements between Australian states and territories.
Organisations have an obligation to ensure your staff receive appropriate training and that your site is compliant with dangerous goods laws and requirements. The AEBN recommends that staff receive refresher training every 2 to 3 years, and certainly when changes are announced.
Note: Please advise the AEBN of the state(s) and territories that you have responsibility for, to ensure this information is covered in this Workshop.
The Workshop will include:
Storage and Handling:
- Dangerous Goods and Substance Registers / Placarding of bulk and packaged storage, Dangerous Goods Manifest / Fire Protection Quantities
- Segregation and incompatibilities of chemicals
- Segregation rules and techniques – segregation devices (stores and vehicles)
- Bunding rules for the safe storage of chemicals
- Placarding and Signage
- Risk assessment requirements
- and much more.
Dangerous Goods Road and Rail Transport
- Labeling, Placarding and Signage
- Limited Quantity Packing and Labelling
- Transport Documentation
- Bulk delivery, and
- much more.
Course notes will be provided on a USB. Delegates may bring along laptops (fully charged). Note pads, pens and a delegates’ kit will be provided.
Delegates attending the AEBN Intermediate Level to Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances – Storage, Handling & Transport WORKSHOP should have a sound understanding of the topics covered in the AEBN Introductory Level to Dangerous Goods, Hazardous Substances and GHS Workshop. It is recommended that personnel undertake the AEBN Introductory Level Workshop prior to undertaking the AEBN Intermediate Level Workshop.
The Workshop will provide the opportunity to network with delegates and presenters during AEBN’s Networking Afternoon Tea. Lunch will be provided to delegates attending the Introductory Level and Intermediate Level Workshops.
Event: INTERMEDIATE LEVEL – DANGEROUS GOODS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES WORKSHOP: Storage, Handling & Transport – PM HALF DAY, November 15, 2019
Date: November 15, 2019 1:15 PM
End: November 15, 2019 5:00 PM
Presented by: Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
Updated: July 23, 2019
Venue: Treacy Centre
Address: 126 The Avenue, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Members: $375 AEBN Members
Non-member: $425 early bird to 30 Oct 2019; $435
Sponsor: Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
Parking: Early meter parking available on The Avenue OR $2.00 for 5 hours at Zoo Car Park (located closest to The Avenue, situated on Elliot Avenue) - a short walk to the Conference Centre
Public Transport: Take Tram 19 from cnr Elizabeth & Flinders St Melbourne to Tram Stop 16 (cnr Royal Pde & Walker St). Two minute walk to venue from this location.