Graduate Project Coordinator
About the business
Astron is one of Australia's longest established environmental consultancies with over 30 years' continuous experience in Western Australia. Astron provides a broad scope of environmental services to clients in the mining, energy, infrastructure, land development and utilities industries across eight key service areas; Air & Water Quality, Biodiversity, Contaminated Sites, Geospatial, Mine Closure, Oil Spill Scientific Monitoring, Rehabilitation and Weed Management. Astron is a market leading environmental service provider, strongly focused on safe, efficient, timely and high quality execution of projects. Our core permanent staff comprises experienced and well respected scientists, supported by dedicated HSE, Human Resources and Administrative teams.
Astron's core values are Health and Safety, Integrity, Accountability, Respect, Contribution and Leadership. They form a very important part of Astron's culture by guiding us through the way we work, the way we behave and the way we conduct our business.
About the role
To be considered for this opportunity you will have proven experience in biological studies, investigations, monitoring and/or research. You will also hold a graduate degree or higher, ideally in Biological or Environmental Science (or similar). A good understanding of standard HSE systems and processes used in the resources sector that are applicable to ecological investigations is preferred.
Astron's project coordination team members are responsible for coordinating a number of projects within the company. They liaise between the company and its clients to ensure that our services are constantly provided to the highest quality.
Reporting to the General Manager, your required tasks will include:
- Implement all project related deliverables and processes assigned by Project Leaders and/or the Project Coordinators
- Assist coordination of multiple ecological projects and undertake related activities as directed, particularly supporting scheduling and logistical requirements
- Undertake due diligence review of all assigned deliverables, and provide support to desktop investigations and reporting, or other functions of the team as required
- Assist team members with the pre-mobilisation / demobilisation preparation for field programs including preparation of HSE and other safety documents to client standards
- Undertake all aspects of project coordination using Astron's Project Management System including:
- developing proposals and costings
- planning, scheduling, and executing projects
- monitoring and control and close out of projects
- Develop and maintain excellent internal and client relationships
- Work with management and clients to manage project risks and issues.
The successful candidate will play a key role within our Environment team, comprising mainly of botanists, zoologists, ecologists, plant ecophysiologists, weed and vegetation management specialists, quantitative ecologists and rehabilitation specialists. This position is primarily office based.
Benefits and perks
The Astron office is located in the heart of East Perth. It is surrounded by parks, restaurants, public transport, parking and great coffee. Astron offers excellent working conditions including flexible work hours, a generous time in lieu system, shared parking on a rostered basis and regular social events. We are a culture focused company that supports the development of our team with mentoring, training and professional development.
Skills and experience
The following skills are required to be suitable for this role:
- Excellent communication, consultation and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent reporting and document review skills
- A sound knowledge of scientific practices
- The ability to work in and foster a team environment
- A strong focus on health and safety issues.
The following is desirable:
- Apply First Aid Certificate
- White Card.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter, current CV and salary expectations to [email protected].
For further information contact Tammy Reid or Emma Cook on (08) 9421 9600. Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately.
Please note that:
- Applicants must have the right to work in this location to apply for this position
- Due to the volume of candidates applying for Astron vacancies, only short listed applicants will be contacted
- The following naming guide must be used for all applications FIRSTNAME.SURNAME.DOCUMENTTYPE for example Smith.Maxwell.Resume
- Astron handles all recruitment processes internally and this vacancy is not open to Recruitment Agencies
- Astron reserves the right to withdraw this advert at any time.