Graduate Environmental Consultant / Technical Officer - Site Investigations
Talis Consultants Pty Ltd is a Perth-based consultancy formed in 2012. The Talis team consists of experts in the disciplines of Asset Management, Civil Engineering, Environmental Services, Noise, Spatial Sciences and Waste Management. The Talis team has been servicing clients in WA for over 30 years.
Talis is looking for a talented individual to provide additional capacity and expertise across a wide range of contamination and site investigations projects in our Environmental business.
Where a graduate is appointed, the role will be full time and will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to gain further experience in hydrogeological, geotechnical and contaminated site investigations. It would suit someone with up to 2 years’ experience in the geotechnical, geo-environmental fields.
In the event that a technical officer is appointed, the work will be mostly field-based and on an as-needs basis and will involve soil/water sampling from both a contamination and geotechnical perspective.
To succeed in this position, you will need to have:
- An undergraduate qualification in geology, hydrogeology or geotechnical sciences OR demonstrated experience in undertaking field-based investigations from a soil/water perspective;
- Experience in geotechnical investigations would be preferred, with some knowledge of contaminated sites;
- Understanding of superficial soils and their engineering properties would be beneficial but not essential;
- Good fieldwork skills in investigations and geological logging with knowledge of AS1726-Geotechnical Site Investigations preferred but not essential;
- Ability to operate independently within the field, both in metropolitan locations and remotely with potential for extended remote field work;
- Hold a current Manual Drivers Licence;
- Good oral and written skills; and
- Permanent Australian residency.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume and a cover letter outlining why you are the right candidate for the job through the ‘Apply Now’ function below.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?