Graduate Environmental Scientist
SESL Australia is a specialist environmental and soil consultancy with over 30 years experience in delivering high quality scientific outcomes to leading business and government clients. This is your chance to be involved in exciting and challenging projects with a dynamic team of experts. Our head office and laboratory is in NSW with consultancy offices in Qld, Vic and ACT.
About the Role:
An opening exists for a Graduate Environmental Scientist within the busy environmental services team in Sydney. The position has been developed to fill the need for a highly skilled and motivated graduate scientist to be involved in the full range of office and site-based activities.
This role includes both field and office work. The field work will be focused on the assessment of sites for contaminated land management, remedial designs and validation, catchment and environmental water monitoring, groundwater investigations, waste management, and acid sulfate assessments. The role will also have exposure to consulting areas including report preparation and customer interaction.
You will be responsible for:
- Participation in field assessments of small to medium environmental investigations with the opportunity for overnight sampling trips where required.
- Project work
- Writing reports
- Customer liaison
- Participation in work health and safety endeavours relating to the role.
- Sample event planning and implementation with precise quality control including chain of custody management.
- Participation in professional development initiatives including in-house training.
- Working as part of the team to maintain customer satisfaction in all customer interactions in the office, on site & through other written or verbal communication.
- Report directly to the Consultant Manager and work under supervision of other consultants as necessary.
The ideal applicant will possess:
- Tertiary level qualifications in Environmental Science, Geology, Earth Science, Hydrogeology or Chemistry from a recognised institution with a good knowledge of fundamental environmental sciences.
- A strong self-disciplined approach to work and Safety awareness.
- Strong communication skills including excellent verbal and written communications and strong adherence to quality and precision.
- Exposure to Contaminated Land, Environmental Water Monitoring, Acid Sulphate Assessments, and/or Waste Classification industries preferable, but not mandatory.
- A team player able to be given direction and complete tasks assigned in timely and accurate manner.
- A valid Australian drivers licence and the ability to operate vehicles on and off road.
If you are interested in a challenging, innovative and supportive working environment and believe you have the drive and ability to match ours, please submit your CV and a covering letter by clicking the 'apply for this job' button below.