Graduate OHS and Environmental Officer
Getex is an industry leader in OHS and Environmental risk management solutions. Specialising in hazardous materials, contaminated land and workplace air quality, Getex offers integrated and innovative solutions to an extensive range of clients and projects spanning the manufacturing, construction, investment and government sectors.
Technical excellence is delivered by a dynamic and committed team of multi-disciplinary professionals which include hygienists, environmental scientists and engineers.
Due to sustained strong demand from the company's developed client base, an exciting position exists for a Graduate OHS & Environmental Officer based at our modern Macquarie Park office. The position involves providing varied OHS and environmental consultancy services to our valued clients.
Your typical activities will include:
- Attending client sites to conduct inspections, monitoring and/or sampling activities.
- Hazardous materials sampling and surveys.
- Contaminated land assessments and sampling.
- Airborne contaminant monitoring.
- Preparing technical reports and providing other related consultancy advice and services.
It is essential you have:
- A University Degree, preferably in Occupational Hygiene, OHS, environmental science or in other relevant fields such as environmental or chemical engineering, or science such as chemistry or geology.
- Your own car which can be used for business. There is a km reimbursement for business travel.
Experience in the technical services and/or scientific industry would be well regarded but is not essential.
As a rounded team player you will play a vital role in key stages of the project delivery chain, from equipment preparation and field inspections/sampling, through to data interpretation and reporting.
In this fast paced and highly varied project services environment, your flexibility to act responsively to concurrent project demands will be crucial.
Excellent organisational skills coupled to an ability to adapt and think on your feet will underpin your ability to thrive in this progressive and leading team of consultants.
As an analytical problem solver with exceptional report writing skills, your attention to detail and results driven focus will keep Getex ahead of the competition.
This is an exciting ground floor opportunity to develop industry leading technical as well as project management skills. You will undergo an internal structured training program and attend nationally accredited courses when required.
The position offers career progression in a highly energetic and supportive team environment with a focus on talent development.
Flexible work hours are also offered based on company project requirements.
To apply please send your application by clicking the 'apply for this job' button below.