Experienced Floodplain Engineer and Gun Tuflow Modeller
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced water engineer with top notch TUFLOW modelling skills, to join a group who operate collaboratively and offer flexible working arrangements. The group specialises in rural surface water and floodplain management, with particular strengths in catchment hydrology, floodplain and wetland hydraulic modelling. We are great at taking technical information and communicating it with our clients, stakeholders and community.
Who we are
Water Technology has a strong reputation for providing support and advice on issues relating to the use and management of our surface water and groundwater resources, waterways, floodplains, catchments, estuaries and coasts.
We are a professional, well respected business that has an established record over nearly 20 years of practice; and is continuing to grow through the commitment and dedication of our team. We appreciate and value the contribution of all employees and we provide excellent, flexible working conditions, competitive salary and a terrific team environment.
About the role
In this role you will complete flood and drainage investigations, design flood mitigation measures, complete environmental projects aiming to conserve and enhance our wetlands and waterways, all while working closely with other Water Technology groups, our clients and stakeholders.
To be seriously considered for this role you will:
- have a strong desire to make a difference in the workplace and the broader community, aligning with our company values
- enjoy working collaboratively with others
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- have a civil or environmental engineering degree with 3-10 years’ experience
- experience in hydrology and hydraulic modelling (specifically TUFLOW)
- be familiar with GIS software
- have solid project management skills
- be committed to learning new skills and innovating
- be comfortable presenting and facilitating meetings
Location of the role:
Water Technology has major offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Geelong, Gold Coast, Wangaratta and Bairnsdale, with smaller home offices scattered around Australia. For the right candidate we will consider any of these locations. Our well-established IT systems allow us to readily communicate without location being a barrier. Our focus is having the right team to provide our clients with the best possible service.
On offer for the successful candidate:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Supportive management and excellent resources
- An excellent, collaborative team environment
- Professional development and support of your career ambitions
Advantageous to this role would be:
A person with a good sense of humour, works well with limited supervision, is committed to client satisfaction and who thrives in a collaborative team environment will fit well with our company culture!
An attractive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications is on offer. Please send your application including separate customised cover letter outlining your suitability for this role to [email protected]
Please note that due to the volume of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your time and for your interest in working with us.