Environment & Sustainability Manager
- APS Level 6
- $80,669 - $92,150 (plus super)
- Darwin NT, Rockhampton QLD & Townsville QLD
The Department of Defence, Estate and Infrastructure Group has a range of expected ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies for APS 6 Environment and Sustainability Manager.
Applicants are invited to apply for a merit pool for future positions which may include Darwin, Rockhampton and Townsville.
The Department of Defence Estate and Infrastructure Group (E&IG) is responsible for the planning, development and management of significant Commonwealth landholdings and facilities to support current and future Defence capability. Our environment and sustainability team plays a critical role in enabling Defence capability by ensuring all activities across our Estate are compliant with legislative requirements, Defence policies, procedures, and Land Use Agreements. E&IG Service Delivery Division has expected vacancies in our Environment and Sustainability team in various locations across Queensland and Northern Territory.
This role works within a framework of legislation, Standards, established principles, work practices and procedures. We value our team and expect all members to demonstrate Leadership Behaviours. Our teams demonstrate and encourage initiative in problem solving and innovation. We are an evolving Department which constantly improves and undergoes change to the way we work and the way we approach our work.
This role may suit you if:
- You enjoy being a part of a highly skilled technical team, you are comfortable knowledge sharing and supporting your colleagues, and have the skills to develop effective relationships with colleagues, customers, and service partners, and across disciplines in a large complex organisation.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where you’re given latitude to manage multiple responsibilities, and you are able to develop resources to inform sound decision making in the interests of the organisation.
- You enjoy working with others to meet organisational deadlines and are outcomes focussed.
- You enjoy an office environment, providing subject matter expertise to numerous stakeholders, and also enjoy visiting regional and remote sites to support the Defence estate.
We are seeking to engage people with the following:
- The ability to apply highly developed technical expertise in Environment and Sustainability to problem solving involving a wide range of complex environmental issues including construction, contamination, weed management, land management, bushfire management, and cultural heritage.
- Experience with stakeholder management and a high level of emotional intelligence and an ability to influence others to achieve outcomes.
- A positive and inclusive approach to working as part of a geographically dispersed team in a large and complex organisation that relies on a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to develop relationships in a complex organisation, including multiple stakeholders and service partners.
What’s on offer for you:
- Inclusion in a service delivery network that enables significant career opportunity across Australia, enabling different experiences and promotion.
- Investment in your career path. Building your leadership and technical skills is a priority for us.
- Work with strong, smart, visionary and experienced leaders and a diverse broad team.
When completing your application, please only select the work location/s where you are happy to work. Please do not nominate locations where you would not be willing to live. Merit pools will be established as part of this recruitment process and will remain active for future opportunities for a period of 12 months from the date of advertisement. If you apply, please ensure that you provide accurate contact information. This process will progress quickly; you will need to be contactable and responsive!
Application Closing Date: Thursday 22 August 2019
For further information please review the job information pack, reference EIG/02887/19 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers