Ausecology is an Australian owned organisation with a team of experienced environmental management consultants and scientists able to deliver environmental projects of all scales and budgets. We combine on-ground experience, science, technical expertise and detailed understanding of environmental policy and legislation to provide fresh and practical solutions for our clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Ecologist to join the growing Brisbane team. Our team are hands on and outcomes focused specialists who provide practical planning and management advice. As an Ecologist with Ausecology you will:
- undertake ecological assessments including but not limited to flora and fauna surveys, protected plant surveys, biosecurity surveys, BC Assessments, RE delineation
- collect and collate field data and GIS information and prepare high quality technical assessment reports and management plans
- work on a range of projects across the mining, gas, renewables, urban and infrastructure sectors
- utilise your knowledge of Commonwealth, State and Local Government environmental legislation
Our team requires someone who:
- loves the outdoors and is willing to travel for field work
- is experienced in a similar role (at least two years of recent experience)
- has tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (science, ecology, environmental management)
- Excellent botanical skills required (preferably in the Brigalow Belt and SEQ bioregions), with additional good general ecological knowledge desirable
- has demonstrated experience conducting ecological field surveys (Biocondition Assessments, Regional ecosystem delineation, habitat assessments, preclearance ecological surveys etc)
- is a critical thinker able to synthesise large amounts of data into meaningful outcomes
- has demonstrated reporting writing and data management/presentation skills
- is motivated to proactively contribute to a team environment, share knowledge, skills and ideas
- holds a current open manual drivers’ licence preferably with 4WD experience
Ausecology is offering a role with a remuneration package that reflects capability and experience.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?