Flora Ecologist / Botanist
- Well-established consultancy
- Hands-on field work
- Technical report writing
- Brisbane – Full Time
Ecosure has a bold vision to preserve the world’s natural brilliance. Our mission is to be the world’s best in ecosystem management and improve ecosystems around the world. Our people live by our culture and our values, they are passionate and driven by their desire to make the world a better place. We foster their drive through our strong leadership and commitment to professional development, exposure to different environments and a workplace that is dynamic and forward looking – it’s not your average place to work!
As a Flora Ecologist you will have experience in completing flora surveys, flora identification skills and knowledge of relevant legislation. Project management, proposal and report writing as well as possessing business development skills and consultancy experience will be highly regarded.
Reporting to the Ecology Team Leader, you will assist in a wide range of projects involving local and remote field work, data collection and analysis. Be prepared to learn, problem-solve and be an excellent communicator. This role is based out of our office in Brisbane (Fortitude Valley), you will be required to undertake work throughout Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
Required skills & experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in ecology, environmental science or related discipline
- Experience with vegetation assessment methods in use in Queensland and/or New South Wales
- 3 years consulting and field experience highly desirable
- Flora identification skills
- Understanding and use of GIS
- Knowledge of Commonwealth, Queensland and interstate environmental legislation, including regional ecosystem framework
- Data analysis, technical report and proposal writing skills
- Must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid permit to work in Australia
- Current manual drivers’ licence; with clean police and driving records
Skills and experience that would be beneficial:
- Experience in local government, construction or renewable energy industries
- Post graduate qualifications
- Use of apps for data capture
- Exposure to NetSuite
- Strong team player
- Must be passionate about the environment and ethical practices;
- Must be highly adaptable with great time management skills;
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with a focus on delivering practical solutions;
- Be willing to go above and beyond as part of the team and demonstrate initiative and proactivity;
- Be able to commit to flexible working hours and be comfortable with remote fieldwork
- Ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders and clients
We believe in finding the right people and helping them follow their passion. Please tell us how you can become part of achieving our vision by sending a resume and cover letter (no longer than 2 pages) addressing how you meet the required and skills and experience, and personal attributes to [email protected].