Head of Sustainability
JBS Australia Pty Limited is Australia’s largest meat and food processing company. It comprises the Australia and New Zealand business assets of JBS S.A which is the world’s largest animal protein company and second largest food company headquartered in Sao Paulo Brazil.
For us the term Sustainability means continuously improving the short and long term performance of our business by balancing and managing economic, societal and environmental factors and we adopted the following pillars to support our Strategy:
- Environmental Stewardship – greenhouse gas emissions, energy and water.
- Animal Welfare.
- Social Responsibility – team member health and safety.
- Product Integrity – supplier, food safety and product quality.
The Head of Sustainability will be in charge of developing, implementing and monitoring the JBS Australia organisational Sustainability strategies. This role will be responsible for developing, gathering, and communicating our respective plans, assisting in formulating budgets and marketing our sustainability strategies to vendors, customers and stakeholders.
- Represent JBS at forums, conferences and round tables and engaging with key industry and external stakeholders including but not limited to AMPC, MLA, CSIRO, State Governments, Red meat Advisory Council and relevant NGO’s.
- Working with supply chains and customers on commercial sustainability programs
- Develop ‘good news stories’ to promote the success of the JBS Australia Sustainability Program
- Develop and implement a Corporate Sustainability Management Plan
- Identifying areas of process and technological improvement to deliver better operational performance and efficiencies.
- Create, deliver and maintain policies and procedures on the collection of sustainability data.
- Establish key Sustainability performance indicators and targets
- Report on the trends, changes and improvements leading to our Corporate 2025 Sustainability Targets.
- Data analysis, auditing and formulating solutions and implementation plans
- A degree in a relevant environmental, social or economic field.
- At least 10 years’ professional experience, and at least 5 years’ experience providing sustainability advice.
- Manufacturing or Agriculture industry experience preferred but not essential
- Practised and confident public speaker and presenter
- Ability to manage Sustainability systems
- Demonstrated report writing and analytical skills
- Able to build rapport and credibility quickly by demonstrating value with a hands on approach
- Strategic thinker with commercial acumen
- Strong communicator with excellent listening and interaction skills
- Change agent
The position reports to the Director and Head of Corporate and Regulatory based at Wacol Brisbane. The successful candidate will be working with a small team comprising the Sustainability Pillar Leaders, Media and Communications Officer and relevant business unit managers.
Please apply through our Careers Page.