About the business
Nitro Solutions environmental advisory firm in sunny Brisbane has an exciting opportunity for a full time or part time senior level ecologist with 4 – 10 years' experience to join our team. Nitro offers an opportunity for technical growth by working across a diverse range of environments across Australia. You will have the opportunity to lead ecological projects for a diverse range of mineral and energy clients. You will enjoy sharing ecological knowledge with multidisciplinary teams and external clients. We are a diverse organisation and pride ourselves upon offering respect and growth opportunities for our people.
About the role
Working as part of our established multi-disciplinary team you will contribute by:
- Leading the continued growth of our ecological consultancy and advisory services from our Brisbane office;
- Occasional field-based ecology survey work, including vegetation mapping, ecological monitoring, targeted threatened flora and fauna survey and Vegetation Quality Assessments using appropriate methods;
- Leading projects across a wide range of ecological disciplines and clients;
- Ecological impact assessment and offsetting for a range of projects and scale;
- Supporting internal clients with delivering the ecological requirements within multi-disciplinary tenders and projects;
- Working independently, or with other ecologists and professionals, in the planning, delivery and management of ecology surveys; analysis and evaluation of results, impacts assessments, and the design and implementation of successful mitigation strategies; and
- Assisting with managing the technical and financial performance of ecological and Environmental Impact Assessment projects.
Benefits and perks
Nitro is a fun and focused business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our team. Our diverse and multidisciplinary team allows you to work creatively to lead the way in your field. Our core values ensure we consistently deliver excellence in our respective fields whilst working together as one team.
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- Flexible work options
- Ongoing professional development; and
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
Skills and experience
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in the field of Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology or another relevant discipline;
- Preferably a minimum of 4 years practical experience undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity;
- Experience with GIS desktop and data collection packages such as ESRI ArcGIS;
- Previous work experience in the ecology sector within a professional consultancy;
- Ability to work outdoors in field locations is essential and a willingness to travel;
- A full current driver's licence;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills; and
- Excellent communication skills, including technical report writing.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?