Environmental Advisor - 12 month contract
At SPOTLESS we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & Industry, Resources, Defence, PPP, Leisure, Sport & Entertainment, Laundries, Education and Government.
We're passionate about finding better ways of doing things. For our customers. And for you.
Spotless is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland. As Head Contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We are seeking a self-motivated, reliable Environmental Advisor to be part of the Land Management team reporting to the Land Management Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract. This is a unique opportunity to join this team working with this important client.
In your role you will deliver a range of services including but not limited to:
- Responsibility for preparation and implementation of an Environmental Management Plan (EMP) within the Spotless Environmental Management System Framework with reference to the Defence Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Ensure all subsequent works undertaken by staff and Subcontractors are in accordance with the contract and site specific Environmental Management Plan/s
- Development of any tender documentation for Environmental Works, tender, evaluate and engage as required
- Support the Land Management Manager and Estate upkeep & Technical Services Manager and their teams with all environmental aspects, with focus on Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) and energy efficiency concepts
- Assist with Life Cycle Costing, Whole of Life , Ecologically Sustainable Development and other analysis in the context of Defence strategic planning
- Fulfil role as a researcher and facilitator in the ESD process
- Assist in the implementation of the Spotless Environmental Policy and other Defence related issues
- Undertake Environmental Audits as required
- Liaise with regional environmental Defence personnel, regulatory bodies, government agencies, community groups, consultants and subcontractors
- Ensure that Land Management services are managed effectively and within agreed budgetary guidelines
- Maintain responsibility for Work, Health, Safety and Environment (WHSE) implications, ensuring works are planned and executed in accordance with Spotless policy, Defence policy and the relevant environmental legislation
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary Qualifications in Environmental Science or related fields (mandatory)
- Relevant additional post-graduate experience and qualifications in the environmental industry or field (preferred)
- At least 5 years of hands on environmental experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the Defence industry (preferred)
- Involvement / affiliation with relevant Environmental panels or committees to help maximise industry networking and ensure technical cross pollination
- Suitability for Defence Security Clearance (Australian Citizenship Mandatory)
The successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic, achieve highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
To apply online please click the 'apply for this job' button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.