Sourcing Support Officer
Title: Sourcing Support Officer
Technical Unit: Carbon Project Sourcing
Location: Ideally Brisbane/Ipswich but location negotiable
Reports to: Simon Brown
Number of direct reports: 0
Job Classification: B1 - Analyst
A 6-month contract with possibility of extension. We are open to 3-5 days a week, depending on the quality of the candidate.
About Climate Friendly
Acting to combat climate change is one of the world’s most pressing challenges. Climate Friendly was founded in 2003 as a profit-for-purpose business. Our growing team is passionate about active land management, and we are focused on finding economically viable solutions to maximise our impact on climate change. We have a proven track record, having already delivered over 7 million tonnes of carbon abatement since 2015. We are expanding our team to build on our success and help achieve our purpose of reducing emissions by 25 million tonnes by 2020, and 100 million tonnes by 2025.
As one of Australia’s largest and most experienced carbon farming project developers, Climate Friendly helps land owners and land managers to unlock economic, social and environmental value through improved management of Australia’s land. This includes more than 100 partnerships with farmers, plantation managers, agribusiness and Indigenous groups on carbon farming projects.
About the Sourcing Team
The team is responsible for designing and implementing sourcing solutions across Climate Friendly’s business, including:
- Sourcing, and supporting the assessment, registration and contracting of new projects and clients
- Developing and implementing a Sourcing Strategy
- Maintainance of records in CRM to maximise sourcing potential and assist management data tracking/reporting.
- Developing and applying sourcing strategies to secure at least 3MT of abatement in new signed agreements in 2019.
Key outcomes/ accountabilities:
Include but are not limited to:
- Undertake tasks defined by manager associated with developing and delivering new sourcing activities.
- Work with sourcing team to make initial contact with landholders and coordinate times for more detailed conversations with senior staff.
- Coordinate management/clean up of existing project and contact records to ensure Climate Friendly is able to provide timely and relevant information to interested landholders.
- Provide basic-intermediate QGIS mapping support to the sourcing team on both strategic and operational matters.
- Assist the Sourcing Department in assessing and implementing new opportunities aimed at securing new carbon projects.
Selection Criteria - Knowledge Skills & Experience:
Ideal candidate skills and knowledge are listed below:
- Qualifications/lived experience in fields related to Natural Resources/Environmental Science, Agriculture
- Exposure to Mapping Systems like QGIS and/or willingness and capacity to quickly upskill in this space.
- Exposure to Customer Relationship Management Databases and/or willingness and capacity to quickly upskill in this space.
- Enthusiasm for sourcing/sales, a good phone manner and willingness to cold call landholders to discuss carbon opportunities.
- Understanding of the Agricultural sector and empathy with the rural community.
- Interest in/previous experience with Emissions Reduction Fund/Carbon Farming.
Climate Friendly encourages people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
To apply for the position please submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a curriculum vitae to [email protected] by Mon 24th June 2019.
Please contact Simon Brown on 0423 522 330 with any queries.