Environmental Advisor - Phosphate Hill
- ASX100 - global manufacturer & marketer of commercial explosives, fertilisers and industrial explosives
- Hands-on environmental management experience
- Fly-in fly-out roster
Working at Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) provides the opportunity to progress your career with a global leader in the resources and agricultural sectors with an unrelenting focus on Zero Harm. With a diverse leadership, we add value for our customers through manufacturing excellence, innovation and world class services.
We are currently seeking a hands-on Environmental Advisor to assist the Environmental Superintendent and IPL through the development, implementation, review and improvement of environmental services. This role also has responsibility for ensuring our sites comply with Environmental Licence Conditions; Environmental Legislation; and Company Environmental Values, Policy and Standards/Guidelines.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensure Phosphate Hill and Mt Isa acid plant sites comply with Environmental Licence Conditions, Environmental Legislation and Company Environmental Values, Policy and Standards/Guidelines;
- Collect creek flow and pond release water samples during and after storm events;
- Assist in reducing the Environmental Risk to the Business;
- Assist in the management and coordination of approval’s process for any new projects, activities or works;
- Work with others to develop, implement, communicate, review and improve Environmental Standards and Guidelines for the sites;
- Incidents - reporting and investigations;
- Initiate, develop, implement and review projects to minimise costs and produce sustainable outcomes;
- Report internally on sustainability indicators; and
- Develop, implement, communicate, review and improve
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Natural resource Management or related discipline;
- Proven experience in Environmental Management and/or Industry Experience;
- A sound knowledge of applicable environmental legislation, compliance and processes relating to manufacturing, mining and distribution;
- Demonstrated experience in project management and in the successful planning and coordination of programs of work for the delivery of a wide range of activities; and
- Knowledge in the development and delivery of Environmental Management Plans and Systems.
Benefits to you
- We are a team based on trust, collaboration and respect
- An above market attractive salary package is offered
- Flexible working conditions
- Salary packaging options
- Confidential employee assistance program
- Mental Health and Well-being program
- Options to purchase annual leave
- Discounted corporate health plans
- Personal leisure travel discounts
- Workplace giving charitable scheme
- Sustainability leader as rated by ACSI
- My Rewards discounts and perks program
Please click on apply and we will be in contact with you within 5 working days with an update.
A little more about us
- At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
- The culture of safety is paramount, and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
- IPL is committed to building an inclusive and accessible organisation through the development of a culture that embraces diversity, improves organisational engagement and allows our employees to reach their full potential. IPL values the range of perspectives, experience and skills that a diverse and inclusive workforce brings to the organisation and, through this contribution, strengthens the Company.