At WSP, our purpose is simple. We exist to future proof our cities and our environment. To fulfil this purpose, our people plan, design, manage and engineer our communities to thrive. They are at the very heart of our client-focused approach to business, and we are dedicated to helping them succeed, grow and develop. We provide a stimulating, open working environment where everyone feels valued and supported regardless of their position, background or gender. It’s a catalyst for delivering exemplary client service and it’s the reason why people love working here as demonstrated by our ‘Best Place to Work’ recognition two years in a row. To find out more about us visit https://www.wsp.com/en-AU
About the role
We are looking for a motivated Environmental Scientist / Engineer with strong technical and communication skills to join our Contaminated Land Management Team in Canberra.
Our Contaminated Land Management team provides a range of advisory, assessment and remediation services to both government and private sector clients. This opportunity will provide exposure to a broad range of activities allowing a solid foundation for your future career development, including:
- Project planning and stakeholder communication
- Environmental monitoring and sample collection
- Contractor management
- Data analysis and technical report writing
- Project budget, time and client management
- Proposal preparation
- An appropriate engineering or science degree
- Typically, 3-6 years site experience.
- Demonstrates initiative, is highly motivated and enthusiastic, and ready and willing to embrace new challenges
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively both within a team and autonomously
- Strong time management, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Have a current driver license and be willing to undertake both statewide and national travel
When you join our business, you are welcomed into a global network of professionals who contribute to world-class projects and gain unparalleled experience. Our people are as diverse as the career opportunities, and they are excited and challenged by what they do.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
Benefits of joining WSP:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Modern and contemporary offices
- Parental Leave & Purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Wellness at Work & Social Club
- Employee Reward & Recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply for this job' button below. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.