Junior Support Engineer – Support and Consulting KISTERS Water Solutions
Job Position: Junior Support Engineer – Support and Consulting KISTERS Water Solutions
WHO are we looking for?
KISTERS Pty Ltd is currently seeking a Junior Support Engineer to provide customer support for KISTERS’ Water software solutions. The role will also involve project support for KISTERS’ project managers in the form of scripting and testing of the software. The position is located in Canberra.
WHO is KISTERS?
KISTERS Pty Ltd is part of the KISTERS Group with its head office KISTERS AG located in Aachen, Germany. The KISTERS Group offers software solutions for the management of water, air and environmental data and is also active in the energy market. KISTERS’ customers include private companies from small firms up to well-known multinational companies, as well as state and federal public agencies.
What should your Portfolio look like?
We are looking for a dynamic person with a good balance of technical and people skills. If you have experience in a technical or engineering discipline (university graduates with a strong business understanding are welcome) with excellent communication skills (fluent English, German as second language considered an advantage) you are well placed for this opportunity. The successful applicant should have a Bachelor degree or an equivalent qualification in one of the following areas: Environmental Science or Studies, Water Science and Management, Resource and Environmental Management, Geography, Computer Science,Information Systems or Engineering.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Problem solving skills
- A friendly, positive and customer-driven attitude and strong communication skills
- A team- player with high self-motivation to engage with local and world-wide team
- The ability to quickly learn new IT products, applications and technologies
- Understanding of hydrological systems, their processes and management
What would your work look like?
- Helpdesk support for the KISTERS water (environmental) solutions mainly the WISKI product
- Advisory services in support of KISTERS products in general
- Analysing and testing support requests, organising software fixes with developers in Germany
- Handling Software installations and updates
- Assisting in projects with technical expertise (like data migration, data automation, scripting)
- Handling of client specific requirements and creation of technical concept documents
- Preparation of demonstration systems and customer presentations
KISTERS is a time flexible employer. If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV along with a cover letter how you fill be suited to this opportunity to Chris Michl via email [email protected].
Applications for this opportunity close on Monday 3rd of June.