Environmental Technical Specialist
We seek and experienced Environmental Monitoring technical specialist with a broad range of skills to join our Environmental Monitoring team who solve clients’ problems around quantity, quality and availability of water!
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers. We help our clients to keep critical infrastructure working for our communities.
Within our Environmental Monitoring business we have a large and experienced team of monitoring specialists offering fit-for purpose monitoring solutions – from initial system design and development through to installation, operation and maintenance. Our practical solutions leverage our experience and technology to deliver clear outcomes for our clients.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Environmental Monitoring technical specialist with a broad range of skills to undertake environmental data collection activities associated with groundwater and surface water’s. This will include both Surface and Groundwater activities, field equipment repairs and maintenance, calibration and reporting activities.
Specifically, you will have skills to measure streams, download and calibrate monitoring instrumentation, perform groundwater measurement and water quality sampling, and be capable of completing technical reporting.
Under direction from the Environmental Monitoring Manager you will be carrying out environmental data collection and maintenance activities including:
- Undertaking water quality sample collection and analysis
- Project report writing
- Undertaking environmental data collection activities for potentially both surface & groundwaters
- Servicing, calibrating and maintaining onsite monitoring equipment and associated sensors
- Undertaking maintenance and new works installations
- Observing maintenance needs at respective sites and ensuring works are appropriately scheduled into the work program
You will have:
- Strong industry experience (2+ years) preferably in Surface and Groundwater monitoring
- Qualification in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering or other similar fields
- High level MS Excel user (mandatory), and experience in the use of ESDAT, Hydstra, Campbells, AutoCAD and Arc GIS is preferable
- Data management capabilities
- A commitment to OH&S and safe work principles
- A current Australian Drivers Licence
- Good physical fitness
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work unsupervised & to routinely travel and work remotely, away from home.
It would be fantastic but isn’t essential for you to have qualifications in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, hydrography or other similar fields. A First Aid certificate and white/red card would also be looked upon favourably.
What we offer you
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter:
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- We work together as a team to accomplish the work that needs to be done.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
At Ventia we value our people and provide a range of benefits to help you look after yourself and your family as you build a rewarding career with us, including:
- Paid parental leave: For eligible primary and secondary carers
- Learning and development opportunities: Our Learning Academy, VQ, is our one-stop shop for you to access to learning and development opportunities
- Professional development: Financial assistance and/or non-financial support for our people undertaking an approved course of study
- Professional network: Every employee can participate on Yammer, our social platform, to draw on and build their professional network throughout Ventia
- Discounted gym membership: Access to discounted gym memberships nationally
- Discounted private health insurance: And special offers from our preferred health insurance partners
- Professional advisors & employee assistance program (EAP): To assist with the resolution of personal and work-related issues
- Discounted travel: Special discounts on airline lounge memberships and travel arrangements
How to apply
For further information regarding this position please contact [email protected]
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches