- Immediate start, Permanent Role
- Victorian Alpine location, 3 hrs from Melbourne CBD
- Onsite accommodation provided
- 5/2, 4/3 DIDO roster. (or other)
Reporting to the Site Manager, AuStar Gold Ltd is currently seeking a qualified or experienced Environment professional with skills in health and safety.
AuStar Gold Ltd is currently seeking an experienced Environmental Officer to support our Environmental Manager on site. Our Morning Star Gold Mine operations and exploration projects are currently expanding and AuStar Gold are seeking to appoint a person to assist with environmental and mining approvals across all operations as well as driving improved environmental performance across daily operations.
Reporting to the Environmental Manager, you will provide support to drive excellence in environmental performance as well as provide technical advice and operational support for environmental management and community engagement activities across all AuStar operations in Victoria.
This role requires you to develop strong working relationships with operations personnel as well as with the local community, regulators, consultants and other stakeholders. Ideally you will have a working knowledge of legislative requirements as they pertain to the environmental sector of the mining industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing gold company in the beautiful Victorian high country approximately 3 hours drive from Melbourne and build an environmental career in Victoria’s growing mining industry.
Key tasks will include:
- Technical report writing to support the Environmental Manager with mining related environmental approvals and management plans
- Ensuring site compliance with Victoria legislative requirements, site licences and management plans
- Environmental monitoring
- Data entry and analysis
- Internal environmental reporting
- External regulatory reporting
- Liaising with consultants and contractors
- Monitor and assist with operating the site water treatment plant
- Assist in management of site service facilities
You will possess a tertiary qualification in environmental science as well as experience (ideally 2+ years) in an environmental management focused role, have strong attention to detail and be able to manage competing priorities and deadlines. However, graduates and recent graduates are also encouraged to apply. This role requires very strong technical report writing skills as well as strong interpersonal skills for engaging with operational personnel. Applicants with experience in developing Works Approvals, Work Plans and management plans within Victoria will be highly regarded. Key personal qualities are:
- Operational experience in industrial environments. Mining would be an advantage
- Demonstrated success in the ability to communicate with a broad range of people
- Tertiary Qualification in an environment discipline or currently working to achieve a relevant qualification
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, management and staff
- Demonstrate ability to work unsupervised and prioritising work load.
- Opportunity to join a growing organisation.
- Opportunity to have significant input to environmental policies, compliance and controls
- Opportunity to become well known in the Victorian Alps as quality environmental professional
You must be an Australian resident
Approaches from third party recruiting agencies will not be reviewed or accepted.
Enquiries can be made to [email protected] entitled Environment Officer.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Are you available to work FIFO / DIDO contracts?
- Do you have mine site experience?