Cardno’s Water & Environment team provides strategic and practical solutions to clients with environmental management challenges. We are currently seeking an experienced Ecologist to join our growing Melbourne based team. In this role you will be a member of multidisciplinary teams delivering outcome focused environmental services on a diversity of natural resource management and infrastructure projects for a variety of private and public sector clients.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Provision of input into environmental analyses, mapping, reporting and project work
- Completing research and field surveys as required
- Providing environmental survey, impact assessment and management advice and guidance for projects of various types
- Delivery of project work from initial scope and client liaison through to commercial delivery
- High quality technical report writing
- Maintaining a solid understanding of commonwealth, state and local government environmental regulations and their application as well as relevant industry standards, practices and approvals processes
You will be a motivated and proactive Terrestrial Ecologist with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in botany/ecology/ environmental science or related field
- Demonstrated 3-5 years post graduate experience within a consulting and or a regulatory environment
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, monitoring and management of terrestrial ecosystems, specifically flora and fauna, biodiversity and habitat
- Certified Habitat Hectares Assessor in Victoria
- Strong analytical skills in project management
- Well-developed technical reporting writing skills
- Experience using GIS
- A demonstrated understanding of environmental regulations and their application in Victoria
- Completed/ability to obtain ‘competent assessor’ course and be listed on DELWP’s VQA Competency Register
- A desire to take on new challenges and the ability to work independently
- Driver’s license essential, 4wd experience and accreditation preferable
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
At Cardno, we take care of the people that keep our business, clients and communities thriving. We offer benefits and initiatives to enhance your health and wellbeing, including parental leave, purchased leave and flexible working arrangements.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.