Conservation Data Officer
- Fantastic opportunity to work within a leading conservation organisation
- Excellent location in our Melbourne CBD office
- Full-time permanent position
Bush Heritage an independent not-for-profit that buys and manages land, and partners with Aboriginal people, to protect our irreplaceable landscapes and magnificent native species, forever.
Our vision of healthy country protected forever sees us work where we’re needed most: in areas of high conservation value with low levels of protection. With the help of our donors, we protect and help manage more than 8 million hectares, providing habitat for almost 6000 native species, including at least 239 threatened species.
As a science-based conservation organisation, the integrity of our scientific and land management data is critical to inform our adaptive Conservation Management Process (derived from the Open Standards for the Practice of Conservation), underpin management decision-making and communicate our impact.
The Conservation Data Officer will be responsible for ensuring Bush Heritage’s science & conservation data integrity. The role will ensure our data needs are well defined, structured, accurate, comprehensive and able to be analysed and reported with ease and increasing automation. The role will champion data standards through development of appropriate processes, supporting system development and provide training and support for staff.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in science, ecology or equivalent discipline with a demonstrated understanding of field-based data collection.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, including a high level of expertise in managing, manipulating and presenting data.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with advanced MS Excel skills and demonstrated understanding of relevant conservation & science data management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated success in training and supporting a diverse range of people in relevant data management processes.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of relevant science & conservation data management processes and demonstrated ability to learn and pick-up new technologies.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding of Opens Standards for the Practice of Conservation and Miradi, ArcGIS, field data tools such as Fulcrum, statistical analysis tools such as ‘R’ and reporting platforms such as Microsoft PowerBI.
If you are you ready to take on this fantastic challenge and can work with a high-level of autonomy, then apply now and
- explain to us in a cover letter explain to us why your skills match this role
- email your cover letter, and your resume to [email protected] quoting job ID: CDO_2019
See the position description here. If you require further information, contact Jacqui on 03 8610 9123.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this role.