Waste Resources Officer - PN 2024
- Job No: KSC191
- Location: Kempsey
Kempsey Shire Council is located on the Mid North Coast of New South Wales and is known for genuine hospitality, its pristine beaches, sub-tropical rainforests, mountain ranges, rocky river gorges, sprawling farmland and peaceful villages.
We currently have the opportunity for a Waste Resources Officer to join our Commercial Business team. The Waste Resources Officer is a diverse role within the Waste Services team that will assist Council to develop and deliver Council's Waste and Education Strategy and best practice waste management service. The position will primarily be responsible for coordinating and compiling data to help manage compliance, performance, contractual obligations and strategic goals. There will also be project work including community engagement and education delivery.
To be successful in this position, you should possess a University degree or Diploma in a related discipline (Business Administration, Waste Management, Environmental Science, Education) or equivalent studies with demonstrated experience in the waste management industry; sound analytical and reconciliation skills; and sound computer skills with the ability to learn other key applications.
In return, you will be rewarded with:
- Being empowered and enabled to inspire others
- 19 day month
- Family friendly and flexible working conditions
- A fantastic lifestyle and work-life balance
- Weekly salary of $1,473.42 to $1,658.35 (plus 9.5% super)
The tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Managing waste data for analysis, reconciliation and regulatory compliance
- Assisting with the management of waste contracts, licences, tenders, grants and surveys
- Assisting with the development of waste education resources, promotional programs and deliver
- Liaising with residents, body corporates, businesses, managing agents and event organisers
- Representing Council and/or Midwaste at Waste Forms when required
For more information regarding this role please contact Gavin Hughes on 02 6566 3200
Please note: applications for this position will close as soon as a pool of suitable applications has been received. Don't wait...Act now!
How To Apply
If you want to make a difference in your community and you are interested in this position, to apply, please complete the application form below and provide the following information:
- A short statement (maximum 2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would enable you to achieve the key accountabilities of the role
- Your current CV or resume of no more than two pages which details your work experience and any other information that is relevant to this role as well as the contact details for two work related referees
Please note: You will need to complete your application in one sitting as you will not be able to save the application or return to it at a later date.
You will receive an e-mail to confirm your application has been received. Thank you, and good luck with your application.
If you experience any difficulties applying online, please contact Human Resources on 02 6566 3200 or by emailing [email protected]
Download the: Position Description (PDF)