Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support Mineral Resources continued growth and operational success, we are currently seeking a highly motivated, hands-on Environmental Advisor, to join our team on a permanent basis.
This FIFO role will be a 9:5 roster based at our Iron Valley Project, located in the central Pilbara region of Western Australia.
The key function for the role is to ensure that all environmental requirements relating to the operation of the site is achieved in a timely manner, and in line with the internal Environmental Management System and government statutory requirements. The role will be supported by the corporate based environmental team as required.
What we expect from YOU
- Conduct environmental monitoring (e.g. groundwater, surface water, waste) and any other environmental monitoring as per the relevant licence/permit requirements
- Manage project clearing operations via Site Disturbance Permit process
- Assist in the maintenance of the Environmental Management System including preparing management plans and procedures, as required
- Facilitate and/or participate in site inspections and audits, including external audits and assist in environmental incident investigations
- Compile and submit annual environmental reports, including but not limited to DWER and DMIRS AER’s and CAR’s
- Assist with the development of secondary statutory approvals, as required
- Liaise with external Regulatory bodies and other key stakeholders, as required
- Manage the development and delivery of environmental training and awareness to project personnel
- Assist with environmental rehabilitation works
- Terrestrial fauna handling and management
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary Degree Qualified in Environmental Science or Environmental Management
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role as an environmental advisor within mining operations
- Knowledge of GIS Systems (ArcGIS) and computer literacy with Microsoft Office programs
- Environmental auditing qualification and experience is highly desirable
- Understanding of safety systems and risk management
- Leadership skills including the ability to manage change, influence, motivate, mediate, negotiate and improve the performance and skill level of all staff
- Ability and willingness to work in remote locations and work autonomously
- Fauna handling skills
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.