LBG Part time Communications Officer
- Communications Officer (part time 0.4 FTE) 12 month fixed-term contract. Available for immediate start.
- Leschenault Biosecurity Group, Bunbury, WA
- Annual Salary Range $72,670 to $77,818 Pro-rated at 0.4 FTE
The Leschenault Biosecurity Group (LBG) is a not for profit community group made up of volunteer landholders who are passionate about the control and management of declared pests. Our operational area covers the City of Bunbury, Shires of Capel, Dardanup and Donnybrook-Balingup in the south west region of Western Australia.
LBG is seeking to employ a part-time Communications Officer (0.4FTE; 2 days per week) on a 12 month fixed-term contract with a view to extension. The Communications Officer role requires a highly motivated and collaborative person willing to work in a dynamic and purposeful workplace to help deliver our strategic goals.
The successful applicant must be able to build and maintain good working relationships and negotiate agreements with a range of stakeholders including local and state Government, private landholders, businesses and contractors. A background in communications is a requirement and knowledge or experience in the Landcare sector will be considered advantageous.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate LBG marketing and communications, including publications, newsletters, direct marketing material, social media and website.
- Liaising with and providing support to stakeholder groups such as local and state Government bodies, private landholders and other community groups
- Event promotion and support, including development of promotional and branding material
- Source, research, write and edit media releases, including radio and newspaper interviews
- Coordinate all marketing and communications to ensure consistency across all platforms
- Research, advise and implement where directed on the use of new digital communications solutions as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in web and social media design
- Good computer and word processing skills, including proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to communicate positively with a broad range of people, including those from an agricultural or an environmental background
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and interest in environmental and/or social issues
- WA C Class Drivers Licence.
- Experience in writing media releases
- Previous experience working in NRM/Land care sector
- Strong public speaking experience
- Experience in developing video and audio content.
This is a part-time position (0.4FTE) available for immediate start. It is initially a performance based fixed term contract for 12 months, with an opportunity for extension. Flexible working arrangements are available.
How to apply:
Applications must include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, a current resume with at least two references and an indication of availability to start.
Email applications and queries to Katrina Zeehandelaar-Adams, LBG Executive Officer at [email protected], or contact her on (08) 9791 4773 for more information.
Applications close by 5.00pm Wednesday 4th September 2019.