- Location: Jolimont, Perth (Interstate? we will support your relocation!)
- Botanical role to help grow our existing ecology team
- Opportunity to work with experienced professionals in unique and beautiful locations
- Exciting growth times in our Perth business
We know that what we do really matters which is why Stantec provides solutions that begin at the intersection of community, creativity and client relationships.
Immerse yourself in the beauty and ruggedness that is Western Australia. We are seeking applications for a full-time Botanist to join our Terrestrial Ecology team in our Perth office. Stantec will support your relocation, so if you've been thinking of making a move, now is the time!
The role will involve delivering high-quality botanical surveys, monitoring programs and technical advice to our clients. Important requirements of the role will be the ability to participate in field-based work, collect and analyse ecological data and prepare accurate, clear and concise reports in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Additionally, candidates must be willing to diversify skillsets by assisting on fauna surveys, rehabilitation monitoring programs and by assisting other service groups within the Perth office, as required.
The Stantec community unites 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our global reputation helps us to win iconic projects, and we always look to bring our global innovation and expertise to support our local practitioners.
Our Perth office is a dynamic workplace where we focus on delivering high quality outputs for our clients while offering exceptional training and development of our people in a flexible and fun workplace. We provide competitive salary and conditions, and a generous time in lieu policy.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor -level degree in Botany or a related discipline
- Approx. 5+ years’experience in consulting in a capacity directly relevant to the role.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Australian flora, including taxonomic understanding and field identification skills
- Demonstrated experience with vegetation type identification and mapping
- High-level written and oral communication skills, as evidenced by authorship of previous reports or other technical documentation
- Experience in planning and coordinating field surveys
- Excellent team participation skills and attributes, including reliability, flexibility, cooperation, transparency, commitment and respect
- Ability to travel to and undertake field work in remote areas, potentially for extended periods of time, including an ability to demonstrate fitness-for-work and pass drug and alcohol screenings as required
- A high level of general proficiency in computer software and applications, including MS Office, is expected; specific experience with ArcGIS, statistical packages (Primer, Minitab), MS Access and/or EndNote will be viewed favourably, but is not a requirement
- Current ‘manual’ driver’s licence
- Current first aid certification and current certification of off-road driving competence as issued by a recognised trainer will be viewed as preferable.
Please submit applications in the form of a cover letter and CV via the Stantec Careers website by clicking the 'apply for this job' button below.
Candidates will be reviewed immediately, please do not hesitate to apply!