Senior Environmental Advisor
Fortescue is now consistently producing more than 170 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
Senior Environmental Advisor (Port Approvals) - Perth based
Key accountabilities will include:
- Conduct environmental impact assessments of Fortescue’s sites and projects
- Preparation and submission of Fortescue's Environmental Approval applications for the Herb Elliott Port Facility
- Provide environmental approvals advice including approvals strategies, project management and management of environmental studies for approvals purposes
- Management and supervision of consultants and contractors
- Communication of Fortescue’s environmental approvals internally
- Conduct site visits, as required
Qualifications and skills required:
- A tertiary Degree in Environmental Science, or equivalent
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and understanding of State and Federal environmental legislation
- Knowledge of environmental management relevant to dust, noise and marine impacts
- Advanced reporting writing, interpersonal and communications skills
- A strong understanding of Microsoft software applications
- Desired - 5 - 8 years’ experience in an environmental role within the resources industry or an associated government department
- Desired – experience in use of GIS software
- Desired knowledge and understanding of the Pilbara environment
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.