Pumps United Pty Ltd is committed to delivering innovative and practical environmental solutions in a cost effective and ethical manner. We focus on core aspects of the natural and built environment, ensuring our client objectives are achieved.
Due to the continuous success of our National operations, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Scientist based at our branch in Bellevue, Perth
This role will provide an opportunity to support the Principal Environmental Scientist with supervision of field technicians, day to day, client liaison and a key internal team member for day to day project operations and environmental obligations.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 6+ years’ experience in environmental consulting
- Manual Driver’s license is essential
- Suitably degree qualified
- Working knowledge of various environmental legislation including Environmental Protection Act 1986, Contaminated Sites Act 2003, Rights in Water and Irrigation Act 1914 and guidance documentation including National Environment Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure, DER ASS and contaminated sites guidelines and PFAS National Environmental Management Plan (PFAS NEMP)
- Preparation of reports for submission to Client and regulatory authorities including; Part V license applications and supporting documentation, PSI, SAQP, DSI, RAP, SRV, EMP, acid sulfate soil (ASS) investigation reports, ASSDMPs, Initial and Post Dewatering Monitoring Closure Reports
- Undertaking field work including; groundwater monitoring, dewatering discharge monitoring, ASS sampling and contaminated soil sampling, ground gas sampling, air quality monitoring including dust monitoring
- Possess strong project management skills, including engaging specialist subcontractors, preparing quotes/tenders, project time & cost management, monitoring project budgets and ensuring project deadlines are met
- Ability to manage a small team of field technicians, work within a team or independently, as required
The following skills would be highly regarded:
- Understand the key principles of customer service
- Dewatering/groundwater/surface water monitoring experience in the construction industry or on large infrastructure projects
- Specialist skills in soil and groundwater remediation, hydrogeological investigations/ modelling and PFAS would be highly regarded
- Experience in business development
Your application will be treated in strict confidence.