Senior Environmental Scientist - Contaminated Land and Remediation
- Join a close-knit team and global organisation passionate about making the world a better place
- Work on some of Australia’s and the world’s most challenging, interesting and meaningful projects
- Enjoy flexible work arrangements while continuing to grow your career
Put your innovative thinking, technical excellence and business skills into high gear. When you join a company that’s building a better world, your opportunities are unlimited. At AECOM, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives. Every day our team is exploring new possibilities for a better world. Cleaner transportation. Healthier environments. Resilient cities. Greener infrastructure.
Our environment team helps private and public sector clients in Sydney, Australia and around the world deliver for their stakeholders while achieving compliance, promoting resilience and reducing, or eliminating, impacts and risks to our communities and our natural environment
Reporting to the Workgroup Manager - Geosciences and Remediation Services, you will manage and contribute to contamination assessments and remediation projects of varying size and complexity. With an uncompromising commitment to health and safety, client service and technical excellence, you will be an experienced environmental engineer or scientist, at ease preparing reports, leading field work teams, liaising with subcontractors, communicating with clients, preparing tenders and promoting innovative solutions for your clients. You could be working on:
- Preliminary and Detailed Site Investigations
- Remedial Action Plans
- Site Validation Reports
- Waste Classifications
- Site supervision and contractor management
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as environmental science, engineering, geology, or earth science
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a consultancy environment, specifically contaminated land assessment and remediation
- Technically strong in preliminary and detailed site investigations for soil, vapour, and groundwater
- Experience in data management software (ESDAT / Equis) and preparation of environmental reports
- H&S training including: First Aid, NSW Construction Induction, and preferably 24 or 40 hr HAZWOPER
Why work at AECOM?
AECOM is a collaborative force of world-class innovators - bright, creative, quirky and curious individuals - inspired to transform our world for the better.
We’ve been recognized 4-years running by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern, energy-efficient and sustainably designed CBD offices
- Professional and technical development opportunities
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. workplace massages, gym/ health insurance discounts, vaccinations
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Study assistance
- Corporate employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Professional memberships