PSC365 – Environmental Officer
- PSC365 – Environmental Officer
- Temporary position up to May 2020
- $74,775.00 - 87,588.00
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Environmental Officer to provide a high level of professional service to Council and the community at a strategic level across a broad range of environmental fields.
What you will do:
- Develop and review environmental strategies, policies, and plans consistent with Council’s Vision, Values and Operational Plan
- Monitor and report on the implementation of environmental strategies, policies, and plans.
- Provide professional, practical, plain language advice to Council and the Community as it relates to environmental strategies, policies, and plans.
- Support Council and the Community navigate the complexities of environmental policy, planning, and regulation to achieve environmental outcomes for the community.
- Communicating with Council and the Community effectively and consulting in a welcome manner.
What you need:
- Relevant Degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, or demonstrated equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation, review and/or implementation of environmental strategies, polices and/or plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: Coastal Management, Climate Change Adaptation, Biodiversity Conservation, Sustainability.
- Motivation and drive, an awareness of your own strengths and weaknesses, and a commitment to learning.
- A respectful, inclusive and reliable approach to teamwork, and a commitment to collaborate with others, and value diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise work in line with organisational goals, and adjust to changing priorities.
Total Remuneration Package Range: $74,775.00 - 87,588.00 (includes 9.5% superannuation & retention allowance) + flexi-time.
Want to join our team?
If you feel you're up for the challenge, please submit your application online addressing how you meet the selection criteria and why you are suitable for the role by midnight, 26/06/2019.
Further information may be requested by contacting Duncan Jinks, Environmental Strategy Team Leader on 02 4988 0469.