Senior Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Consultant
As part of the continued growth and innovation of our Performance & Assurance and Transaction Services (PATS) service, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our global consulting firm as a Senior Consultant in an organisation with Sustainability at its heart. This position is a full time position based out of ERM’s Sydney office.
Our clients are under increasing pressure to simultaneously cut costs, improve environment, health, safety and social (‘ESG’ or ‘sustainability’) performance and reduce operational risk. Our Performance Assurance team helps clients respond to these demands and we help clients turn sustainability from a necessary cost to a value creator.
Further, financial transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, divestments, project finance, and corporate loans, present a unique set of sustainability opportunities, risks and liabilities. These often require rapid financial quantification as part of the transaction process and also integration into the post-merger/acquisition integration plans. ERM’s Transaction Services team provides global capabilities and in-depth understanding of the transaction process across a wide range of industries.
Although the opportunity is Sydney based, if successful you will be part of a national, highly skilled group that work closely together to achieve the best outcome for our clients. This role provides you with the opportunity to work with some of Australia's leading technical experts in EHS/ESG due diligence and compliance, as well as the opportunity to work on high profile due diligence projects both in ANZ and globally. This role provides excellent opportunity to develop your career at the leading Sustainability Consultancy.
This is a Senior-Level opportunity for a Consultant looking to further their career in a global environmental/social organisation that aims to lead the field in sustainability consulting. A career as an ERM Employee is unique. Our model offers unparalleled opportunities for consultants with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
- Unique Career Growth & Learning Opportunities in a Global Environment;
- Culture of working for an organisation with “Sustainability at its heart” and a company that promotes environmental awareness within the community through the ERM Foundation;
- Diversified Environmental, Health and Safety Exposure across industries and locations; and
- Opportunities to be involved in collaboration across borders.
ERM’s PATS Services cover the following service lines:
- EHS due diligence for acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, IPOs, and property sales and leases;
- Environmental and Social Governance advisory services;
- EHS due diligence for project finance including Equator Principle reviews;
- EHS Audit Performance Based Auditing including compliance audit and audit program development;
- Safety Programs - Safety transformation and coaching based interventions;
- Management Systems and Compliance Support – including performance based assessment and compliance assurance;
- Sustainability Reporting – including development of sustainability reports and provision of data assurance; and
- Product Sustainability Services - Including product certification and litigation support.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Preparing technical reports and auditing sites as the lead assessor;
- Managing multidisciplinary or global projects;
- Supervising project team(s) and coaching and mentoring more junior staff;
- Understanding the interrelationships between ERM services and policies and how these are applied within the clients’ business model;
- Establishing strong working relationships with clients through project delivery;
- Advising our key local, regional and global clients and finding solutions for their ESG and sustainability related challenges;
- Making use of effective working relationships with business unit and participate in global technical communities to ensure strong network of resources;
- Remaining up to date with external market and client industry trends;
- Sharing expertise and knowledge within the business unit and/or global service area; and
- Understanding how work of the project team and or technical community contributes to ERM’s success.
- Bachelor or similar Environmental and/or safety qualifications in engineering, science or business sustainability;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in ESG/Sustainability consulting / auditing;
- Strong Environmental / ESG Due Diligence and/or EHS compliance assurance experience;
- Experience in ESG aspects of mergers and acquisitions, divestment, project finance, private equity, liability assessment and transaction advisory, is also desired;
- Commercial acumen, business development and project management skills;
- Commitment to excellence, and to health and safety;
- Excellent leadership and communication (both verbal and written) skills;
- Experience with using data and technology to solve clients’ EHS / ESG problems;
- Willingness to travel; and
- Ability to work under pressure.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
At ERM our only asset is our people and we strive to provide a working environment and benefits that both attract and retain top talent. Features and benefits include:
- a competitive $ package;
- flexible working options;
- a strong team atmosphere and a professional and collaborative culture;
- the opportunity to get involved with the ERM Foundation and help provide technical and volunteer support for non-profit organizations and social enterprises that share our commitment to creating a more sustainable and equitable world.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
All internal candidates need to be in their current role for at least 18 months; and are required to inform their managers on application and before any interviews are initiated.