An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Environmental Advisor to provide environmental project support based at our site in the Hunter Valley.
Reporting to the Environment Business Partner, you will be a specialist in approvals and regulation, environmental management (legislation and policy), stakeholder engagement and keep up to date with developments in environmental management.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Coordinating environmental approvals and air emissions projects across both the Stations.
- Manage the Environmental Management System.
- Assist in providing environmental advice to operations.
- Input to continuous improvement of AGLs Health Safety and Environment Management System.
- Provide specialist regulatory advice and support for site operations.
- Communication of key environmental management information to relevant stakeholders (internal and external if required).
- Participate and contribute to cross-business HSE improvement initiatives.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- a degree in Environmental Engineering, Science, or Environmental Management or similar.
- experience working within local, state and federal approvals requirements.
- an understanding of environmental management systems (ISO14001), environmental data management and reporting.
- a broad understanding of technical environmental skills including waste management, emissions to air, discharges to water, contamination of land and groundwater.
- detailed knowledge of environmental legislation including licensing, compliance, and enforcement regulations in NSW.
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.