Community Water Officer
- Provide community education through communication and investigations related to water conservation and water restrictions
- As a Sydney Water brand ambassador, you will engage directly with customers across the Greater Sydney Area
- 6 months fixed-term contract
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Our Community Water Officer team plays an important role in the community and is the face of Sydney Water during water restrictions.
As a Community Water Officer, you will be the front-line of the Sydney Water drought response by educating customers on water restrictions, to support responsible water usage and through the enforcement of water restriction rules and permit conditions. You will carry out independent investigations of suspected breaches of water restrictions and make informed decisions about when to issue warnings or fines for verified breaches.
In this role, you will take the opportunity to reach out to businesses who rely on outdoor water use for their core operations. You will help them getting the right exemptions, so they can save water while minimising disruption to their business.
You will have a strong customer-centric mindset, the ability to effectively manage situations involving conflicting views and you are proud to represent Sydney Water. With your passion for saving water and care for the community and our environment, you will display the following to be successful for this role:
- Understanding of Sydney Water’s Water Restrictions.
- Experience in implementing customer communications strategies, with the ability to quickly build credibility and maintain professionalism in potentially challenging face-to-face interactions.
- Demonstrated time management skills, including the ability to work individually in the field with minimal supervision and effectively manage conflicting priorities.
- Superior verbal communication, liaison and negotiation skills.
- Capability to use mobile laptop, tablet and smartphone technologies and a good level of computer literacy skills and experience with business systems.
- Willingness to work across a 7-day week, rotating rosters, extended and varied hours.
- Willingness to work across Sydney Water’s area of operations e.g. Blue Mountains, Illawarra region and Sydney metropolitan area.
- Possess a current NSW driver’s license, (driving record to be requested if selected for interview).
- You will need to pass a medical test and complete a full background check (incl. police check) with Sydney Water if you are selected. Working with children check may be required.
You will be asked to answer some pre-screening questions during your application, be aware that this forms an essential component of your overall application.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact [email protected].
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
$87,839.83 + employers contribution to super
Applications close: Thursday 22nd August 2019