Estuary Management Officer - Full Time
Job No: CEN1965 | Location: Central Coast NSW
- Jobs like this don't come very often, where you can make a real difference
- Grow your knowledge of the environment in a professional and supportive team
- Full Time Permanent + RDO
Support the development, implementation, review and renewal of Coastal Management Programs for Central Coast waterways
The Location and Company
Central Coast Council is one of Australia's largest Regional Councils with over 2400 employees, spanning a significant geographical area on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hours drive south of Newcastle. The Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work http://www.thisisthecentralcoast.com.au/about.
Overview of the Role
The role of Estuary Management Officer is responsible for working within a team to support the development, implementation, review and renewal of Coastal Management Programs for Central Coast waterways. This role will be focussed in the north of the Central Coast (Southern Lake Macquarie and Tuggerah Lakes catchments) but will provide support across the LGA as required.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about the coastal environment, has demonstrated experience working in the coastal management sector and brings motivation and innovation to the task of improving the ecological health and resilience of our local waterways.
The successful candidate will:
- Work within a specialist team of keen and motivated industry professionals
- Be able to deliver projects that will have a long-lasting, positive impact on the Central Coast environment.
- The role is diverse and spans program planning, project management and delivery for a range of different waterway improvement projects such bush regeneration, stream, riparian, wetland, and foreshore rehabilitation and conservation projects, stormwater improvement projects, recreational improvement projects, research, environmental education and water quality monitoring.
Click on 'Apply for this job' button below and follow the link to our website to apply and obtain the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a salary range of between $75,131.65 to $90,150.06 per annum + super.
Central Coast Council is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a healthy and safe work environment. Central Coast Council is committed to diversity in our community and workforce. We encourage Indigenous Australians, people with a disability and people from diverse backgrounds to apply to be part of our inclusive team.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Enquiries: Vanessa McCann, Team Leader Estuary Management on ph: 02 4350 5381 or 0427 007 841.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Monday, 26 August 2019