Environmental Officer - Forbes - Central West NSW
About the business
Loris H Hassall Trading PTY LTD is a cattle hide and kangaroo skin processing plant located in Forbes NSW.
Our business is seeking an experienced Environmental Officer to join our team.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for an energetic and motivated individual to join our team as the Environmental Officer. The Environmental Officer forms part of operations team at Loris H Hassall Trading – Forbes (LHHT) working alongside Wastewater Management and Work, Health and Safety. As part of this team you'll play a key role in providing professional environmental risk advice and support across facility. The role is responsible for the planning, implementation and coordination of a comprehensive waste management system and Environmental Management System to maximise waste prevention, reuse and recycling opportunities to support LHHT operational efficiency.
You will be an exceptional communicator that can champion relationships via a cross functional approach. You will have prior experience in waste and environmental management and take ownership and drive the program to exceed good engineering practice, quality, Environment Health and Safety and Australian Standards.
Benefits and perks
- 38 Hour working week with flexible working hours by agreement.
- 4 weeks annual leave per year
- A great team environment
- Wage is negotiable on qualifications and experience
Skills and experience
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person with the following abilities and qualifications:
- Fundamental knowledge of the environmental framework and supporting Act, Regulations, Codes and Standards.
- Experience in EPA audit and reporting procedures
- Certificate III or IV qualifications or relevant industry experience.
- Experience in the field of developing and managing Environmental Management Systems, Strategies and frameworks, Conducting compliance audits of the EMS
- Experience in Wastewater Management
- Highly developed analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, organise and manage tasks and duties to fulfil planned and unplanned work
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and gain commitment from others and resolve issues and conflicts. Ability to discuss and resolve problems in a logical and rational manner
- Ability to perform physical work within the demands of the position and WHS parameters
- Ability to participate in open and honest communication within the operational team.
We are currently looking for applicants who are Australian Citizens or Permanent residents. Overseas applicants need not apply.
You Must hold a Valid Australian Drivers licence and have access to your own transport.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?