Environmental Monitoring Technician
Environmental Service provider is seeking to employ an ‘Environmental Monitoring Technician’ to perform a variety of monitoring, maintenance and operational tasks. Office is located in Mt Druitt and site work will be throughout Sydney & regional NSW.
KEY TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct routine environmental monitoring on landfill gas extraction systems located throughout NSW
- Carry out regular / routine maintenance of landfill gas flares located on the landfill sites.
- Carry out routine maintenance and inspection of air-operated liquid pumps within the landfill site
- To ensure the daily tasks are performed within all environmental guidelines/requirements;
- Follow Company procedures in the areas of Health and Safety, quality and other relevant policies.
- On-call requirement (roster) for response to gas flare shutdowns.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Willingness to learn and develop in a small but fast-growing company
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors and sometimes in unpleasant conditions i.e Landfill site
- Good mechanical aptitude and understanding of basic machines including pumps, blowers, air compressors and plant instrumentation
- Ability to follow instruction in the use of multiple environmental monitoring equipment i.e portable gas instruments/gas monitors used on landfill sites.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team;
- Ability to travel to multiple landfill sites to perform scheduled tasks (company vehicle, tooling, laptop provided)
- Reasonable computer skills, ability to navigate around internal company databases including Maintenance Management Systems and online systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Reliable, honest with a good sense of humour
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?