Environmental Management System (EMS) Coordinator
- Fixed Term (12 month contract)
- Located at Bella Vista
At ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD) we pioneer innovative solutions that treat and keep people out of the hospital, empowering them to live healthier, higher-quality lives. Our cloud-connected medical devices transform care for people with sleep apnea, COPD and other chronic diseases. Our comprehensive out-of-hospital software platforms support the professionals and caregivers who help people stay healthy in the home or care setting of their choice. By enabling better care, we improve quality of life, reduce the impact of chronic disease and lower costs for consumers and healthcare systems in more than 120 countries. To learn more, visit ResMed.com and follow @ResMed.
Let’s talk about the team:
As part of the Facility Management (FM) team, you will play the key role in delivering a sustainable and compliant EMS for ResMed’s Campus in Sydney, Australia. This role may also be required to assist/lead the rollout or extension of EMS to other manufacturing or distribution sites within the ResMed organisation.
Let’s talk about this position:
As the EMS Coordinator and acting as the management representative, you will lead, drive and maintain all aspects of EMS to ensure its effectiveness and compliance with ISO14001. The role strives to maintain system documentation, lead and drive committee activities and focus, manage corrective actions and improvement opportunities,prepare, coordinate and manage internal and external environmental audits, ensuring compliance with environmental legislation and standards. You will ensure the EMS has a focus on proactive initiatives and lifecycle thinking and you will implement and drive an effective communication strategy. In conjunction with EMS committee, you will identify, implement, monitor and report on environmental improvement activities, promote sustainable development and ensure system alignment with strategic direction and context of the organisation. The responsibilities of this role include some of the following;
- Maintain the system documentation and its processes. Ensure the EMS and associated documented information such as risk assessment, compliance obligations, environmental monitoring plan, are updated, streamlined and enhanced as appropriate.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy to promote the environmental management system (EMS), its aims, objectives, successes, issues and improvement opportunities with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Support business functions in developing and providing competence, training and awareness associated with its environmental aspects and the EMS. Facilitate or assist in delivering the training as required.
- As the management representative, regularly monitor and report on the status of EMS and company performance against its’ objectives. Highlight successes and areas of concern that require attention and support from top management.
- Coordinate EMS audits. Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure that any corrective actions and improvement opportunities raised through either internal or external audit processes are taken.
- Use a Chemical Management Software (ChemWatch) to review and provide approval for all chemicals stored and used on site considering environmental impacts. In addition, monitor and facilitate FM compliance to all aspects of chemical handling, storage, use and disposal requirements.
- Collaborate with FM and the EMS teams to drive sustainability efforts across the Campus. Be innovative in finding means to minimise resource consumption (electricity, gas, water) and waste.
- Coordinate and/or collate environmental information for reporting to relevant external stakeholders including Australian Packaging Covenant, ESG, and other reports or surveys.
Let’s talk about you:
- You will have minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in environmental management or coordinator roles, with experience developing and implementing ISO14001
- Preferably with experience working within regulated industries e.g. medical device, pharmaceutical, food manufacturing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Enjoy relationship building, able to influence, and collaborate effectively with peers and management across the organisation.
- Have the ability to establish and demonstrate business benefits in line with ResMed’s business strategy.
- Be a self-motivator, have a proactive approach to tasks, and show initiative to recognise emerging problems and develop solutions using methods such as systems thinking.
- Build shared vision and common goals to initiate, drive and manage change effectively
- Demonstrate negotiation and organisation skills
- Have ability to facilitate and run effective training sessions
- Display a high level of computer literacy
OK, so what next?
Joining ResMed is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!