John Holland manages the prestigious Country Regional Network (CRN) which makes us the first accredited private rail transport operator of a government owned heavy rail network in NSW, and one of only three accredited managers of public rail infrastructure in the State. The scope involves the operation, management and upgrade of country railway lines across NSW including 2,700km of operational freight and passenger lines, and 3,100km of non-operational lines.
Looking for an experienced Environment professional to join our Environment CRN project team based in Bathurst, NSW. You’ll be accountable for coordinating the implementation and management of project environment requirements on-site and ensuring adherence with relevant environment legislation, regulations, contractual obligations and John Holland HSE procedures.
Responsibilities of the role include;
- Conduct ground truth background searches, field surveys including basic biodiversity and habitat assessments, environmental compliance audits, environmental monitoring including noise, vibration, pH and turbidity and respond to environmental emergencies
- Provide environmental management advice to staff and contractors, communicate changes in Environmental legislation and work closely with project management, quality and safety to ensure projects are coordinated on time and within budget
- Community engagement, negotiation and stakeholder notification, apply for necessary approvals permits and licences and respond to community enquiries including investigation and remediation.
- Prepare preliminary Environmental Assessments, Part 5 Reviews of Environmental Factors, Site Environmental Plans/Construction Environmental Management Plans, State and Federal database background searches and review contractor Environmental Impact Assessments
To be successful in this key role, you must have;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Science, Sustainability or other associated disciplines
- A minimum of 3 years Construction Environment Management experience
- Sound knowledge of relevant environmental legislation within NSW and current environmental issues.
- Proven experience in community engagement and communicating with landholders
- Considerable knowledge of Central NSW landscapes such as the Western Slopes and Plains, Central Tablelands and Northern Tablelands is desirable
We work hard to attract and retain the best employees, and we provide opportunities for rich career experiences, and a strong framework for on-going career development.
We are committed to building, valuing and promoting diversity and inclusiveness across John Holland. At John Holland we understand that our greatest resource is our people. We pride ourselves on being a market leader in targeting training, career development and remuneration. We provide long-term career options within an equal opportunity workplace where we recognise the importance of flexibility and a healthy work-life balance. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.