Environmental Scientist / Ecologist
Wild Environmental has multiple opportunities for experienced environmental professionals. We are seeking candidates for one or more permanent full time Environmental Consulting roles based in our Townsville office.
You will join an ambitious team of high performing environmental professionals working on an exciting range of environmental projects within the aquaculture, mining, agriculture, transport, and property development fields in regional Queensland. You will write reports, prepare bids, conduct field work, and be technically proficient in your area of expertise.
You should have a well-developed understanding of Queensland environmental legislation, policies, and guidelines. The successful applicant(s) will be required to prepare reports such as environmental impact assessment, environmental management plans, and environmental monitoring programs.
This role involves fieldwork required to conduct surveys and environmental monitoring. This role would suit an intermediate level environmental professional with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following fields:
- flora and fauna surveys;
- regional ecosystem identification and BioCondition surveys;
- water quality monitoring;
- receiving environment monitoring;
- contaminated land investigations;
- environmental planning; or
- marine surveys.
As a consultant, you will be comfortable in seeking out opportunities to establish, develop and actively maintain positive client relationships, attend networking events, and prepare expressions of interests, tenders and fee estimates.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in ecology, environmental science, natural resource management, biological science, environmental planning, or another related field;
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in fieldwork and report writing; and
- Knowledge and experience of environmental legislation and approvals processes.
Desirable – while not essential, experience, qualifications, and passion for any of the following specialties will be highly regarded
- Postgraduate qualifications;
- Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP);
- Flora surveys including regional ecosystem assessments and BioCondition assessments;
- Surface and groundwater monitoring;
- Erosion and sediment control;
- Soil science;
- Field ecology;
- Contaminated land;
- Aquatic ecology;
- Ecological restoration/ revegetation.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for the position. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact the Office on (07) 4410 9000 or email [email protected].
Please note: this is not a graduate position - demonstrated experience is required
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- What's your highest level of education?
- What's your expected annual base salary?