2022 Program Leaders
It is a rare chance to be a valued part of a professional team delivering unique opportunities for young people on our classic outdoor programs. Leaders are at the heart of Mittagundi’s large community, they share a purposeful life and experience a year of professional development and personal learning through nationally accredited and in house training, skills and group work.
We are looking for applicants that have a passion for working with young people in outdoor education and working farm environments. The position requires the leader to lead young people in outdoor adventure activities (cross country skiing, snow camping, hiking, white water rafting and abseiling), logistics activities in support of these activities, and farm-based projects (such as feeding animals and gardening).
Key Selection Criteria:
- Keen interest or experience working with young people (aged 14-17) in the outdoors
- Effective communication skills.
- A demonstrated strong and flexible work ethic.
- Physically capable and mentally resilient.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team.
In addition to the selection criteria, we will be looking for candidates with:
- A sense of maturity and initiative ‘to have a go’.
- A commitment to working, living and learning as part of a team.
- An ability to take on increasing responsibility and autonomy in work.
- An ability to work through challenging times of stress and pressure.
- An understanding of Mittagundi philosophy.
- Experience living and working on a farm, or trade skills (mechanics, carpenters/builders and plumbers are handy!).
- A current Full Non-Restricted Manual Drivers Licence.
- A Police Check and Victorian Working with Children’s Check (WWCC).
Please be aware that this is a full time, limited tenure, live-in role; Mittagundi will become your home and workplace for the duration of your contract. Consequently, the requirements of the role (specifically the living arrangements) are not suitable for families.
If you are interested in this role, please have a look around our webpage to familiarise yourself with our programs and review the information about the role. If, after reviewing this information, you are interested in being considered for this role please forward your CV, and a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria and why you want to work at Mittagundi to [email protected]. Applications will be processed as they are received, and interviews will commence immediately. Incomplete applications will not be progressed.
Please see PD below for more details and how to apply!
Click the 'apply for this job' button below to apply