Advanced Resource Recovery Manager
Advanced Resource Recovery Manager
- Be part of a dedicated team seeking to be leaders in the ‘war on waste’
- Based at one of Melbourne’s largest landfill sites
- Permanent role, salary from $98,797 plus super and fortnightly RDO
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
A bit about the role
The Werribee Refuse Disposal Facility (RDF) is one of Melbourne’s largest landfill sites and deals with over 500,000 tonnes of rubbish a year from across western Melbourne and regional Victoria.
Our 2040 Vision for the RDF is for it to become the centre of a precinct focussed on resource recovery. To achieve this, we have created the role of Advanced Resource Recovery Manager who will be responsible for providing high-level expert advice across best-practice waste treatment and resource recovery practices.
This is a senior technical role which will deliver influential advice and program management ensuring we can continue to return exceptional value to our rapidly evolving city.
What you’ll deliver
- Keep abreast of waste management trends and industry standards, and assess and review existing practices against best practice legislation and regulation changes to identify and address key compliance issues
- Contribution to the introduction of alternate waste technologies at the Refuse Disposal Facility and waste minimisation practices at Council’s transfer station
- Effective management of projects and contracts in accordance with Council’s policies, budgets, waste minimisation and identified waste unit outcomes
- Effective and efficient engineering and environmental compliance planning, coordination, and administration of allocated projects within required timeframes and budgets
- Professional advice, guidance, and supervision to contractors, consultants, and quality auditors to ensure projects are delivered to specification, budget, and required timeframes
- Accurate and expert advice on waste matters to internal and external customers, including relevant community groups
What you’ll bring
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in environmental science, engineering, or related field
- Expert knowledge and significant experience in delivering resource recovery technologies,
- Demonstrable skills in environmental project management
- Strong hands-on experience in a commercial waste/operations environment
- Positive, proactive and flexible attitude with a continuous improvement mindset
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
To find out more about the role, please contact Simon Clay, Manager Waste Management and Disposal on 0437 066 233.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM Friday 13th March 2020.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply for our job opportunities. Our commitment is to provide safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.