Advocacy, Research and Programs
We are hiring!
Two roles are currently available in:
- Research & Strategic Programs
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The Australian Deer Association Inc (ADA) are The Deer People. Formed in 1969, the ADA is the leading advocate for appropriate, evidence-based management of wild deer in the Australian landscape and for access to public land. We educate, inform, lead and give a public voice to the ethical and responsible management of wild deer.
ADA has a long history of initiating deer research and related conservation activities, effective lobbying to increase hunting opportunities and active campaigning for access to public land for hunting.
To find out more please visit https://www.austdeer.com.au/about-us
ABOUT THE ROLES
Two roles will centre around:
- Advocacy - primary purpose is to lead ADA's advocacy program, developing long-term, sustainable policy outcomes that align with ADA's objectives
- Research and Strategic Programs - primary purpose is to initiate, grow and coordinate ADA's research and volunteer programs.
These roles are negotiable, up to full-time positions depending on the candidate.
Successful candidates must have:
- Previous experience in similar advocacy, research and strategic development programs.
- High standards of governance, and board reporting practices.
- Personal interest and alignment with the goals of the ADA.
- Suitable qualifications in areas of expertise.
- Ability to travel interstate and regionally to rural locations when required
- Valid Drivers licence
- Other relevant licences
ABOUT THE PERSON
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to advance the ADA's objectives, through a natural curiosity and willingness to engage with stakeholders and the community about complex issues of wildlife management. They will be a leader in evidentiary-based discussions on the place of wild deer in our landscape. They will have the flexibility necessary to operate within a volunteer community-centric workplace. Finally, they will be a self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised on complex issues with multiple stakeholders, meeting timelines and quality standards.
Please apply through seek including
- Your resume with full work experience, qualifications and interests.
- Which role/aspects of the roles you are interested in.
- Your availability for FT, PT etc.
If you have any questions please call Andrew 0418755711